NEWS Around the club

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Darren Lockyer has been let go from his duties as Seibold's "leadership consultant," which reaped him an extra $33,000 and resulted in a wooden spoon and Alex Glenn reinstated as captain this season. This however, came on top of a pay cut that all board members received. Members met a record 22 times last year working overtime through the COVID/Seibold crisis.

In other gossip, the Australian is reporting old boy Chris Johns and assistant coach John Cartwright were involved in a stink last year at the Caxton Hotel. Cartwright was lecturing Johns on how they did things at Penrith when he won his 1991 Premiership, one of only two in the club's history. Johns told Cartwright he needed to think like a Bronco, who'd won a lot more in a shorter period.

Chris Johns is playing it down:

“It was a bit of a wrestle. I said you have to get your mongrel back. I said, ‘at the Panthers you have won one comp, don’t compare the Broncos with the Panthers’. Carty got the shits and said, ‘don’t start bagging my old club’. We’re the best of mates. We always have been. It was at the break-up of the coaching staff and they had asked me if I wanted to have a beer. If you were watching it you would have said, ‘what are these blokes doing?’”

Gettyimages 1080477416 612x612

Get up, you sook.

Johns famously white-anted Seibold and actively campaigned for Kevin Walters to replace him. Now he has to fill the boots:

“I think they have a big job ahead of them. They have to aim up. I think they are up to it. To be fair it is not their fault with what they have been given but they are heading in the right direction. You couldn’t get a better person in charge than Kevvie. In Terry Matterson and Carty you have the two best right-hand men. But geez, they have some work ahead of them.

McHunt

Last edited:
Johns and cartwright involved in a bust up/stink? What a croc, sounds more like two blokes having a chat and dig at each other at the pub.

Johns and cartwright involved in a bust up/stink? What a croc, sounds more like two blokes having a chat and dig at each other at the pub.

you know the worst thing about that article ... apparently this bust up happened last year ... only a few weeks into Walters tenure as coach.

why the **** is Badel reporting it now?

Last edited:
you know the worst thing about that article ... apparently this bust up happened last year ... only a few weeks into Walters tenure as coach.

To try and draw some correlation to what happened last night.

(a) He only just found about it; and/or

(b) Saved it for the most impact re club in crisis, coaching staff and old boys at each others throat, dysfunctional broncos yada yada, burp, fart wood spoon.

Either way, like 99% of his articles, it is pathetic.

"Journos" did the same thing with Lodge, they knew all summer he was going to play but waited until a week or two before the season to sook about Benny not coming to inform them personally on bended knee, seeking their blessing. I love my rugby league but hate pretty much all the media that feed off it.

(a) He only just found about it; and/or

(b) Saved it for the most impact re club in crisis, coaching staff and old boys at each others throat, dysfunctional broncos yada yada, burp, fart wood spoon.

(c) because tabloid writers have more creditability than Badel

But...but.... but, he's a Broncos mouthpiece titans fans said a week ago.... He's the worst fucking thing for us in journalism, just bcos he uses the Broncos name in his title to get clicks for his attrocious journalism, it does not mean he does us any good.

Conflict is to storytelling what sound is to music. Look at this thread.

Last edited:

Late 2020 would count as 'breaking news' by Badel's standards.

Last edited:
Even Dobbo is calling bullshit on this drivel - that’s how bad it is.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Allo
  • Aldo
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  • Brocko
  • azza.79
  • Swordfish
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.