Arrow vs McGuire

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Was a big mistake made here?

McGuire is certainly good for the mongrel that you need in a team to rev up your side and get into the heads of the opposition.....But that's about it. He is way too small physically to be an imposing forward that dominates on his own like a Taumalolo or a Burgess and is infamous amongst Broncos fans for killing attacking momentum with a 4th tackle hitup and zero offloads. He doesn't have much doing between the ears, in other words.

Arrow on the other hand is going great guns for the Titans, has had an amazing Origin series so far in beaten sides, is younger and looks like he'll have a far better upside going forward. I dunno, I'm starting to wonder myself, and I used to rate McGuire.

we should have fucked Sims off and kept Arrow instead ...

The whole 4th tackle thing just seems like a poor gameplan to me. He was taking mostly early tackle runs tonight.

Anyway, I would have had room for both, McGuire in the front row.

Arrow is a fucking weapon.

I wasn’t that upset when he left, but having seen him this year really regretting him leaving.

Queensland need to get Arrow into the starting side as quickly as possible.

As for McGuire, whilst he’s a fine enough fit at lock for Brisbane, the reality is the Maroons desperately need Props and really need to bite the bullet and play him here and get the most out of him in that capacity.

A Backrow next year or Gillet, Kaufusi and Arrow with McGuire bolstering our Front Row stocks would substantially improve our ruck and edge defence and overall go forward

Don't really care. High work rate forwards are a dime a dozen really.

I'd rather we keep game breakers like TPG and (potentially) Hass. Talent like that is rare, and is genuinely the difference in big games, workrate forwards, meh, they're valuable, but a helluva lot easier to find.

I'd rather we keep game breakers like TPG and (potentially) Hass. Talent like that is rare, and is genuinely the difference in big games, workrate forwards, meh, they're valuable, but a helluva lot easier to find.

This.

Forwards like Arrow come around all the time. We obviously wanted to focus more on Su'A, TPJ, Haas and Fifita. Players that can actually win us games with their skill.

By all reports, we have another player like Arrow in reserve grade who is highly regarded at the club. Patrick Carrigan.

Love that TPG.

When the likes of TPJ, Haas and Fifita reach their full potential, everyone will be thanking the Broncos for focusing on them.

The whole 4th tackle thing just seems like a poor gameplan to me. He was taking mostly early tackle runs tonight.

You've nailed the key issue here which is exactly why McGuire is (and always has been) a prop. He is used wrong at the Broncs and so was Arrow. Every man and his dog (mine is particularly cute by the way) could see that Arrow was always going to be successful but was a big minute forward. Him v Troublestitch is going to be good fun over the next ten years.

Arrow is considerably better than "a dime a dozen high workrate forward"

He's the next Corey Parker and will likely be in rep teams for the next 10 years, we absolutely made a mistake by letting him leave, incredible defender, great tackling technique, runs hard, awesome offload, oh, and he's 22.

Going off last nights game I saw arrow run harder, hit harder and has a better pass.

Arrow is considerably better than "a dime a dozen high workrate forward"

He's the next Corey Parker and will likely be in rep teams for the next 10 years, we absolutely made a mistake by letting him leave, incredible defender, great tackling technique, runs hard, awesome offload, oh, and he's 22.

Disagree. He's a bog standard forward who shows up each week and plays hard.

Disagree. He's a bog standard forward who shows up each week and plays hard.

He has been exceptional this year.

Probably why he’s been picked for Qld so soon into his career

He has been exceptional this year.

Probably why he’s been picked for Qld so soon into his career

That in no way makes my comment wrong. Cooper is a Maroon too. It doesn't take much to be a good forward it would seem.

That in no way makes my comment wrong. Cooper is a Maroon too. It doesn't take much to be a good forward it would seem.

It doesn't take much to drop off from that early promise either, I especially love the comparisons of being the next so and so.

This.

Forwards like Arrow come around all the time. We obviously wanted to focus more on Su'A, TPJ, Haas and Fifita. Players that can actually win us games with their skill.

By all reports, we have another player like Arrow in reserve grade who is highly regarded at the club. Patrick Carrigan.

Yeah this. And I don't mean this as a slight towards the OP but people really need to understand the concept of we can't keep them all and the constant 'Should we have kept him instead of him' threads are a bit tiresome.

Arrow vs McGuire are similar players and I don't think you can say either is overly better than the other, both are very good. The fact is we only need one of the type of player at the Broncos and given the stupid money thrown at Arrow by the Titans you stick with your established, prime of his career guy every day of the week. If we had kept Arrow as well it would have been at the expense of a TPJ/Sua/Joe O

Active Now

• Gray
  • Hurrijo
  • lynx000
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • Organix
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • BroncoFan94
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.