Ashes Discussion

Theres been massive difference between the 2 in the last 2 and a half seasons. However at the start of the season I did the math and Peirson had averaged 60 odd for the 2 seasons (maybe even the first game or two of this year) and averages 53 this year. Carey isn’t doing that. It’s a disgrace that not only have they looked the other way, but they have not acknowledged Jimmy Peirsons form at all. AT ALL. I literally watched a fox sports news interview where the journalist completely melted the idea of Jimmy Peirson saying that he is the best glove man but not better with the bat. Well technically I think recent stats would argue otherwise.

No sorry that's simply not true.

Peirson-
19/20-357 runs- 15 innnings
20/21-402 runs-9 innings
21/22-265 runs-6 innings

1024 runs for Queensland.

Av 39. (NO four times)

Carey
19/20-386 runs 7 innings
20/21-299 runs 6 innings
21/22-148 runs 6 innings

833 runs for South Australia
Av 49-(NO twice)

I think Carey has more upside than Peirson and I love Peirson, I would be stoked if he got a baggy green.

Carey hasn't been playing cricket that long compared to his counterparts and he's already showed his quality many times in ODI's, I know it's a different format but it's not that different, still have to face the best bowlers in the world and score against them.

Haha really... Smith should be captain 🤣 If Paine isn't Captain material because he tried to cheat on his wife...
How the hell is Smith worthy when he was cheated at the actual game being selected for?

Yes he might be the best tactical Captain but he has no honour, so no captaincy!

If you had've asked me 18 months ago, I would've said Carey as well. But Peirson has improved so much in that time frame that it needs to be mentioned. Not only has he been scoring runs in all 3 formats, he's been doing it in extremely tough situations. How many times has he saved the Bulls/Heat in the last 18 months with defiant innings? It's exactly what Australia needs from that number 7 spot.

No sorry that's simply not true.

Peirson-
19/20-357 runs- 15 innnings
20/21-402 runs-9 innings
21/22-265 runs-6 innings

1024 runs for Queensland.

Av 39. (NO four times)

Carey
19/20-386 runs 7 innings
20/21-299 runs 6 innings
21/22-148 runs 6 innings

833 runs for South Australia
Av 49-(NO twice)
My bad It must have been for the past season and a half. But the facts still stand that Peirson is the better gloveman, Averages 53 this year and 45 last year. I did underestimate Carey’s performance in recent years but last years results were similar enough to realise that chucking in an out of form Carey probably isn’t the right move. Pierson or Inglis for mine but probably not the best person to comment cause I don’t think it’s possible to hate Alex Carey as a cricketer more than me. The fact that man has captained our nation is quite honestly embarrassing.

Interesting points and he quite clearly points out the fact that Peirsons the best keeper by a mile (he is just watch him keep up to the stumps the other day to pace it was impressive and flawless). His past season and the start of this one specifically shows that he is on par if not in better form with the bat. To be fair I am quite harsh on Carey and you go back 12- 18 months it has to be him. But if you can award every other player for form why can’t Peirson be awarded when he is the best keeper/bat in the country at the moment.

Am I the only one who still feels that Handscomb got unlucky? I was a big fan of his when he entered the test team, just loved his technique.

You won't often see someone with a 39 average across their first 16 test matches shafted, never to return. In fact the only real series he failed in was the series in India, 2017.

Prior to the sandpaper incident, Handscomb had a test average of 47.4, across 22 innings.

Now he's not even being named in the Australia A squad, despite averaging 61.8 in Shield this season.

Am I the only one who still feels that Handscomb got unlucky? I was a big fan of his when he entered the test team, just loved his technique.

You won't often see someone with a 39 average across their first 16 test matches shafted, never to return. In fact the only real series he failed in was the series in India, 2017.

Prior to the sandpaper incident, Handscomb had a test average of 47.4, across 22 innings.

Now he's not even being named in the Australia A squad, despite averaging 61.8 in Shield this season.
You do have a fair point but I think it’s a bit like Maddison they will never make the team cause people just view them as mediocre as a result of there final test days or for Maddison his entire test career but we will ignore that.

You do have a fair point but I think it’s a bit like Maddison they will never make the team cause people just view them as mediocre as a result of there final test days or for Maddison his entire test career but we will ignore that.

Yeah those two seem to have their cards stamped ‘never again’ for some reason. Has Handscomb changed his technique? That was his big undoing once bowlers worked him out

Also Handscomb only scored 191 runs in his last 5 tests @ 21.22 (9 innings)

Yeah those two seem to have their cards stamped ‘never again’ for some reason. Has Handscomb changed his technique? That was his big undoing once bowlers worked him out

Also Handscomb only scored 191 runs in his last 5 tests @ 21.22 (9 innings)
I’m not to sure about handscomb. I don’t look to closely at Vics games to be honest. There isn’t to many players of interest in that side at the moment except for two or three so I don’t tune in as much as a lot of other sides. He may have fine tuned his technique but I think it would be similar.

Haha really... Smith should be captain 🤣 If Paine isn't Captain material because he tried to cheat on his wife...
How the hell is Smith worthy when he was cheated at the actual game being selected for?

Yes he might be the best tactical Captain but he has no honour, so no captaincy!
Haha this is one of the funniest things I have read. Well done.

Despite the fact the ICC cleared him, it's people like you that are the reason he got a 12 month ban in the first place. . As far as I'm concerned, if you are happy that the greatest batsman to play the game since Bradman was forced to sit out during the prime of his career, you are not a cricket fan or you don't support Australia.

I am glad he got his redemption in the last Ashes series and I hope he's given the captaincy back. Even people who think what he did was wrong have mostly accepted that he did his time and you can't hold that over him forever.

Despite the fact the ICC cleared him, it's people like you that are the reason he got a 12 month ban in the first place. . As far as I'm concerned, if you are happy that the greatest batsman to play the game since Bradman was forced to sit out during the prime of his career, you are not a cricket fan or you don't support Australia.

I am glad he got his redemption in the last Ashes series and I hope he's given the captaincy back. Even people who think what he did was wrong have mostly accepted that he did his time and you can't hold that over him forever.
Sorry are you trying to say he didn’t do the wrong thing? I don’t agree much with blindside but he is on the money with his comment here.

Glad you enjoyed it ☺️.

Yes he has served his time(only because he was banned)and now he can play for Australia.
He is our best batsman... So what by that logic Kevin Petterson (how ever he spells it) should have been England's Captain.
He cheated while being Australia's captain so he has lost his chance to captain again.
We are not Fucking Pakistan!!!
I support Australia, not people who cheat for whatever reason.
I want us to win but win fair!!!

If Prime Minister cheated or disgraced the country somehow would like them to come back and run the country?

Sorry are you trying to say he didn’t do the wrong thing? I don’t agree much with blindside but he is on the money with his comment here.
No he did, I am saying he shouldn't have been banned that long. The ICC didn't ban him and most other countries wouldn't have either.

Should have been stripped of the captaincy and maybe missed a test series. 12 months was excessive in my opinion.

I know the blood moon was the other night but it must be a blue moon tonight.😉

My bad It must have been for the past season and a half. But the facts still stand that Peirson is the better gloveman, Averages 53 this year and 45 last year. I did underestimate Carey’s performance in recent years but last years results were similar enough to realise that chucking in an out of form Carey probably isn’t the right move. Pierson or Inglis for mine but probably not the best person to comment cause I don’t think it’s possible to hate Alex Carey as a cricketer more than me. The fact that man has captained our nation is quite honestly embarrassing.

How can you talk form then want Inglis, the reserve keeper for WA?

ICC banned him and he was fined 75% of his match fee.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • HarryAllan7
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Xzei
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.