Auckland Nines - Day One

Nelson scores a bonus zone try.

22-4 Eels

17 gone

That's full-time.

Eels win.

This game has gone exactly the opposite way than i expected.

Shows how the Warriors are so mentally fragile though, they struggle to come back when things go against them.

Norman has probably wrapped up player of the tournament.

Another very successful 9's tournament and congratulations to Parramatta, first major trophy win in 30 years.

Oh the lulz. Warriors choke hard again.

Good work by Parramatta. Played their guts out, found a few favourable combinations and worked them throughout the tournament.

Hardly an Eels fan, but can't help but feel a little happy for them. Been a long time since they've won anything.

I missed most of the earlier games, I assume Norman was finally able to call more ball? Yesterday it seemed like King would hand it off to a Paulo, Moeroa or Gower before even going to Norman.

I'll catch up with the tournament later tonight but from what I saw, it seemed like a more consistent tournament this year. While I don't think any side was as good as Souths were - it seemed like every team gave it an honest crack, even if some were just having a laugh (ala Brisbane).

Who's the number 13 for the eels? Steven Segal?

Early signs show Warriors are still mentally weak.

When things go against them, they just crumble.

But then again, it's just a mickey mouse competition. I mean, Souths were great last year.. Look at where they ended up.

I actually expect Parra to do better this year. I can't see them being a threat and I think they may just scrape into the finals.. But I'm expecting them to do better. They have recruited well and I think Norman would be better with an actual good halfback playing beside him.

Last edited:
Early signs show Warriors are still mentally weak.

When things go against them, they just crumble.

But then again, it's just a mickey mouse competition. I mean, Souths were great last year.. Look at where they ended up.

I actually expect Parra to do better this year. I can't see them being a threat and I think they may just scrape into the finals.. But I'm expecting them to do better. They have recruited well and I think Norman would be better with an actual good halfback playing beside him.

Is Foran even a halfback though? I have heard this said a few times by NRL commentators and for mine he is clearly a 5/8. (now I know numbers don't mean much these days but I'm talking in the sense that your halfback directs traffic, your 5/8 runs and straitens up the attack).

I'm really intrigued by this because many commentators have stated that Foran will be perfect for Norman because you will direct the show and let Norman play his natural game, but wasn't that really what DCE was for Foran?

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Gaz
  • ezpz
  • Waynesaurus
  • phoenix
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rookie Alan
  • Skyblues87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • broncs30
  • RolledOates
  • bb_gun
  • broncotville
  • Santa
... and 53 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.