10. J nikorima
11. Greinke
12. Garbutt
13. Gillett
14. Maranta
15. Vidot
16. Ofangengue

Not sure on how many is on a bench

This is the one format McCullough seemed to go well in.

My Team
1. Milford
2. Drew
3. Copley
4. K nikorima
5. Hunt
6. Parker
7. McGuire
8. Oates
9. Glenn

10. J nikorima
11. Greinke
12. Garbutt
13. Gillett
14. Maranta
15. Vidot
16. Ofangengue

Not sure on how many is on a bench

I could probably see some one like Kahu play 1. and Milford play playmaker with Hunt.

Just some of the new rules:

-Clubs will be able to nominate an increased squad of 18 players and rotate them during qualifying matches to ensure they are eligible for the finals.
-Each team will have five interchange players for each match instead of six. Teams will again be able to make unlimited replacements in each game.

Last edited:
I reckon someone like Blair would go well. Parcell has to be there. I'd probably take Rod Griffin too.

Last edited:
I personally hope we send nobody good. Mullen and Coote both got major injuries in this last year. I'd rather we just get through it. Couldn't care less if we win tbh.

Agreed with Ari, apart from our young stars (Milford, Hunt) I'd be fine with sending nobody from our first grade squad, can't afford any injuries, plus our young guys could use the experience, not sure what the rules are in terms of how many "Top Line" players each team has to send though.

Kahu probably has less chance getting injured here than in another trial.

Kahu should avoid trial games as those suburban grounds can be terrible to play on.

I think we are one of the only group of fans who would love to see our under 20s/reserve players playing in this comp. A lot of them are already really fun to watch and it gives us a glimpse into the future. Other clubs didn't seem to appreciate having none of their stars show up this year and just weren't interested.

Agreed with Ari, apart from our young stars (Milford, Hunt) I'd be fine with sending nobody from our first grade squad, can't afford any injuries, plus our young guys could use the experience, not sure what the rules are in terms of how many "Top Line" players each team has to send though.

I'd send over a team of fringe players for this tournament if i could ... but unfortunately we have to send some of our stars.

1 of our top 5 players must be included. there is also a certain number of our top 25 that must play (not sure what the number is).

it's not like we need to win the $2 million prize

You can't wrap players in cotton wool. The nines format presents no greater risk of injury than any other format of the game or any training session. Not playing the nines does not guarantee a player will not be injured some other time during the year.

Injuries go part and parcel with playing rugby league.

Long term fatigue might be an issue, but a lot of our squad haven't played since September. They need a solid hit out.

I think the rule is 5 from top 25 and 1 from top 5. Could be wrong though.

9s was fun, it sucks losing a player to injury, but I hope we take it srsly. Besides, players can get injured anywhere.

I'd have in my 18 man squad:

Backs
Milford, Kodi Nikorima
Reed, Copley, Jordan Kahu, Maranta
Hunt, Ashley Taylor

Forwards

Gillett, Glenn, Thaiday, Lowrie
Garbutt, Blair, Parker
McCullough, Parcell, Jayden Nikorima

Active Now

• westy316
  • Dash
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • pennywisealfie
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Scorchie
  • Wolfie
  • Horseheadsup
  • Fozz
  • Midean
  • Galah
  • simplythebest
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.