Australia CANCELS Pakistan tour

Would you have gone...... i wouldn't have.

Good call from The Aussie board. Pakistan isn't a safe place for anyone especially not Aussie cricketers

Best decision CA has made in a while. And in an extra-smart move - they didn't abandon the tour but 'postponed' it, thus avoiding an ICC fine.

i so dont blame them for postponing it. after so many things have happened over there, i wouldn't want to go.

Wow what a surprise...........all clear for IPL now to make it easier for Symonds :)

Common sense finally prevailed.Should have been done long ago.Good on Roy for doing a Shane Webcke and standing by his convictions. icon_thumbs_u

As much as I love Webbie, his refusal to tour the UK was akin to not wanting to sail to the Americas for fear of falling off the end of the earth. Unfounded and ignorant.

This decision, however, absolutely correct and necessary.

IMO, 99% likely that they would've gone to Pakistan and got home without incident of violence. But that 1% chance that a player or official could be injured or killed was far too much to risk. Absolutely justified.

Coxy said:
As much as I love Webbie, his refusal to tour the UK was akin to not wanting to sail to the Americas for fear of falling off the end of the earth. Unfounded and ignorant.

This decision, however, absolutely correct and necessary.

IMO, 99% likely that they would've gone to Pakistan and got home without incident of violence. But that 1% chance that a player or official could be injured or killed was far too much to risk. Absolutely justified.

I think Webcke made a decision based on what he thought, and what his family throught. What would have been the point of him going if he was worried the whole time.

He stood his ground, and for that I appluad him. No one know's what could have happened, it's just a good thing nothing did.

Good on him I say.

Active Now

• Dash
  • theshed
  • Fozz
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Thelmus
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Aldo
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.