Australia - Too Old?

There were 12 Queenslanders in the team and only 4 native New South Welshman in the team dude and the NSW captain was the best player on the night.

The way he stifled any kind of attacking play by taking hit up after hit up in the attacking zone when moving the ball was obviously the better option was top notch. Made his stats look great too.

There were 12 Queenslanders in the team and only 4 native New South Welshman in the team dude and the NSW captain was the best player on the night.
And how old is he out of interest?

I'd also be interested to know who Gus would have played instead of Thurston, Gallen, Parker, Inglis, Smith Friday night?

You can't really think he was the best player on the field? You should be outraged that the fullback of your apparent club team was robbed of the award.

I'd also be interested to know who Gus would have played instead of Thurston, Gallen, Parker, Inglis, Smith Friday night?

Moylan, Mansour, Cartwright, Peter Wallace and he would have kept Gallen because NSW..

You can't really think he was the best player on the field? You should be outraged that the fullback of your apparent club team was robbed of the award.

Gallen topped running meters for every Australian player, made the 2nd most tackles. He ran the ball hard and forward every time and was really the only Australian forward that had any impact. Without him we would've struggled in that game even more. If you read my thoughts you will see i rated Boyd's performance and I would've had him in discussion but Gallen laid the platform up front when nobody else did which gave him the nod.

I don't give 2 flying ***** about my club or state when it comes to the green and gold in any sport. 17 Kangaroos played united under the southern cross on Friday and that's all I care about. I find it ludicrous that people put there own state and club ahead of their country.

Gallen topped running meters for every Australian player, made the 2nd most tackles. He ran the ball hard and forward every time and was really the only Australian forward that had any impact. Without him we would've struggled in that game even more. If you read my thoughts you will see i rated Boyd's performance and I would've had him in discussion but Gallen laid the platform up front when nobody else did which gave him the nod.

I don't give 2 flying ***** about my club or state when it comes to the green and gold in any sport. 17 Kangaroos played united under the southern cross on Friday and that's all I care about. I find it ludicrous that people put there own state and club ahead of their country.

That's a load of crap. All you did was talk up the NSW players during the game. Also of course Gallen topped the metres made stat. He didn't pass the ball. I remember hearing that Australia were tackled 46 times inside the opposition twenty at one point in the game. I wonder how many of those were Paul Gallen hit ups? Futhermore, I refuse to cheer for drug cheats, sex offenders or Josh Dugan.

That's a load of crap. All you did was talk up the NSW players during the game. Also of course Gallen topped the metres made stat. He didn't pass the ball. I remember hearing that Australia were tackled 46 times inside the opposition twenty at one point in the game. I wonder how many of those were Paul Gallen hit ups? Futhermore, I refuse to cheer for drug cheats, sex offenders or Josh Dugan.

Yet you cheer for the guy who rorted the competition for years, loved a cocaine user and someone who pissed on people in public. You will forever hate the Maroons if you find out about what Mal's brother is guilty of.

Yet you cheer for the guy who rorted the competition for years, loved a cocaine user and someone who pissed on people in public. You will forever hate the Maroons if you find out about what Mal's brother is guilty of.

I don't cheer for Smith either. Who's the cocaine user? Lol you'd also hate Laurie Daley if you knew what his dads, brothers, 2nd cousin did too.

In all fairness, what has Mals brother got to do with Mal as a footballer or football anyway. Lots of players probably have family skeletons in their closets.

Gallen is a self confessed drug cheat. There can be no argument about that, its a fact.

I though peptide paul was pretty good for Australia tbf, but his stats are cheesed a bit by how he plays.

Reading Gus' thoughts, the crux of his argument stems from last year's match which New Zealand won 26-12.

Let's rewind the clock and look at that game. The build-up to the game was less than ideal, extraordinary conditions meant that the game had to be postponed for 48 hours. That type of disruption can affect a team's preparation, causing coaches to consider different approaches and for players to switch off mentally. This is especially problematic when players haven't played together in a long time. In Australia's case, they had made nine changes to the team that lost to New Zealand in the 2014 Four Nations, while New Zealand had only lost four. Among those changes included debutant Josh Dugan, a hard-working fullback, who was asked to play on the wing. The positional switch was clearly foreign to him and two tries came off of his mistakes. 12-6 New Zealand quickly became 16-6 with SJ scoring a trademark try, and when GI failed to ground the ball in the shadows of half-time it was game-over at 26-6.

What I saw on Friday was a fool-proof plan from Australia. Counter to their previous clash, they worked better as a unit. The forwards carted the ball up with no fuss, they controlled the ruck with ease and had direction in attack. It wasn't the most polished performance by any means, Dugan in particular looked lost, but it was a comfortable victory that will provide the Kangaroos with the foundation they need.

Over time, I expect the Australian camp to be filled with more fresh faces. The likes of Anthony Milford, Jack Bird, Cameron Munster, Corey Oates etc. strike me as the type of players who will become mainstays in the Australian side. They will come through when they're required, Friday's clash was about restoring pride in the jersey.

This was a while back but I notice you've not bothered to respond to Wolfie either. What has Mal's brother got to do with the Maroons? It's a Gallen-level grub act to bring up the criminal history of the former coach's brother, and doubly so when you do it so as to brush off the fact that an actual player from your state, not their brother, sexually assaulted a woman at a night out celebrating his being picked to play for NSW. Pull your head in.

Active Now

• LGH
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • maddo
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrMoore
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.