Australia Tour of South Africa 2021

Allo

Allo

State of Origin Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Australia Test squad for tour of South Africa: Tim Paine (c), Sean Abbott, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Will Pucovski, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mark Steketee, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner

No Richardson is a total bummer.
They’ll explain this one away by saying there’s still doubts about his fitness / form in longer form cricket yet Pattinson gets a spot coming off an injury and no cricket at all for weeks.

Honestly, if someone can explain Sean Abbott to me, please do, because all I see is a bowler with little to no tools to be successful at that level of the game

Like 1910 has said in the past, Richardson has played barely any red ball cricket. He’s a good bowler, that’s not up for debate, but it’s understandable why he’s not considered for an overseas tour.

I swear to god if Abbott gets picked over Neser I’ll lose it

Last edited:
Like 1910 has said in the past, Richardson has played barely any red ball cricket. He’s a good bowler, that’s not up for debate, but it’s understandable why he’s not considered for an overseas tour.

I swear to god if Abbott gets picked over Neser I’ll lose it
Plus Richardson is in the T20 squad. They might rather him in that squad than the test squad

Only positive I can see out of Carey being in the Test squad over Inglis is that it means we'll see a good amount of Philippe over in NZ.

It's understandable that Wade got dropped, I had a feeling the series against India was his last chance.

Listed based on role in the team, because these alphabetical ones do my head in:

Openers
David Warner
Will Pucovski
Marcus Harris

Middle order
Steve Smith
Marnus Labuschagne
Cameron Green
Travis Head
Moises Henriques

Wicket keeper
Tim Paine (c)
Alex Carey

Pace bowling
Pat Cummins
Josh Hazlewood
Mitchell Starc
James Pattinson
Michael Neser
Sean Abbott
Mark Steketee

Spinners
Nathan Lyon
Mitchell Swepson

From those squads, I’d honestly go:

Test:
1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Green
6. Paine
7. Pattinson
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

T20:
1. Finch
2. Philippe
3. McDermott
4. Marsh
5. Maxwell
6. Turner
7. Wade
8. Sams
9. J.Richardson
10. Zampa
11. Behrendorff

From those squads, I’d honestly go:

Test:
1. Warner
2. Pucovski
3. Labushagne
4. Smith
5. Green
6. Paine
7. Pattinson
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

T20:
1. Finch
2. Philippe
3. McDermott
4. Marsh
5. Maxwell
6. Turner
7. Wade
8. Sams
9. J.Richardson
10. Zampa
11. Behrendorff

I can't understand why Turner keeps getting picked in squads. What exactly has he done in the last few years? Feels like he bats at 5-6 for the Scorchers, doesn't bowl, and rarely does anything that catches my attention.

His highest score for the Scorchers this season has been 31..

His strike rate in T20 Internationals is barely 100..

Should (SHOULD) be a series Australia does well in despite those couple of debatable selections. The pitches are super quick and bouncy (Durban aside), the outfields are lightning fast and the scoring rates are generally northwards of four runs an over. Our batsmen should enjoy that and our bowlers will sure as hell love it.

Last edited:
Should (SHOULD) be a series Australia does well in despite those couple of debatable selections. The pitches are super quick and bouncy (Durban aside), the outfields are lightning fast and the scoring rates are generally northwards of four runs an over. Our batsmen should enjoy that and our bowlers will sure as hell love it.
Our batsmen should enjoy that, but their batsmen do as well.

Our batsmen probably won't enjoy their fast bowlers though.

How many games in the series anyway??

I reckon we could struggle badly, especially if they can apply decent plans against Marnus and Smith.

Our batsmen should enjoy that, but their batsmen do as well.

Our batsmen probably won't enjoy their fast bowlers though.

How many games in the series anyway??

I reckon we could struggle badly, especially if they can apply decent plans against Marnus and Smith.

Believe it or not, Australia’s batting is light years ahead of the current SA side. They have de Kock as a genuine gun bat and then de Plessis, Elgar and Markram who are all similar to Green, Head and Pucovski. They have nothing like Smith, Labs or Warner.

Henriques and Abbott.... that will do me.

Load up on RSA.

Probably the right decision

South Africa government would zero idea how to contain covid. And it shows

Active Now

• Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.