Australia v England Fifth Test

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by 1910, Dec 30, 2017.

Rich coming from you, do you even support the Broncos or any sporting teams for that matter? Can't recall you having any relevant opinions outside of the General Discussion sub-forum.

1. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Of course you can't recall, you obviously can't spot the forrest for the trees.

Heard that one before. I'd take 1910 over you any day of the week, and so would many others here.

2. Sproj

Sproj

Quit it lads.

3. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Aye, but seriously, 1910 is awesome.

4. Edit: Ignored Staff Request

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2018
  5. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Edit: Ignored Staff Request

Anyway, are we setting up for a win or a draw here?

I'm leaning towards a draw.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2018
  6. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

Aussies should win by an innings with the way it's set up, unless Cook can bat for a day an a half again

7. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Wouldn't put it past him/England to dig in and look for a draw, now that they have let Aus back into the game. Interesting couple days to come, that's for sure.

8. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

Yeah it should be one of the two, I don't think England can win from here. I'm looking forwards to seeing if Marsh brothers can continue smacking them around the field, if they can we are in for a good two sessions tomorrow

holdzy89 likes this.
  9. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

250 a good lead? Maybe 300 if they can get it quickly?

roo-ted likes this.
  10. Sproj

Sproj

I think it is about getting whatever they can but batting as long as they can. Looks brutally hot out there. Keep England in the field as long as possible.

holdzy89 likes this.
  11. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

I reckon they will declare just before the last session, gives them a day an a session to bowl them out, plus it's 40 degrees there today. I wonder if the marsh brothers will be able to bat this well in south Africa...

12. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Yesterday I was thinking Aus were running out of time for a win, but it's definitely there for them to win now, I think our bowlers will carve up, England will fold.

roo-ted and Sproj like this.
  13. This was a good illustration of Smith's game sense & concentration levels, everyone else is clapping and happy for Mitch Marsh, Sir Steve Smith immediately notices that both Marsh are celebrating mid-pitch instead of completing the 2.

Sproj likes this.
  14. Sproj

Sproj

He's an interesting fellow Smithy. I reckon he would be highly competitive and professional in everything he does, not just cricket but even folding the laundry.

Interestingly, I remember watching an interview with him where he said he doesn't actually like watching cricket. If he isn't batting, bowling or fielding, he would rather be doing something else.

15. Sproj

Sproj

Haha and right on cue, SMarsh runs himself out.

16. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

He was probably like **** this 40 degrees shit someone else can have a bat

Sproj likes this.
  17. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

jeez England aren't even going to come close here, what a way to finish the series for Australia.

Sproj likes this.
  18. Sproj

Sproj

On a related note, how good has Lyon become! He looks like he is bowling dynamite wherever he plays these days, even on roads.

holdzy89 likes this.
  19. Sproj

Sproj

On another related note, given how well the Marshes have batted (I have strong doubts about whether they can produce in SA against THAT attack but whatever), the only question marks on this side at present are:

1. Who partners Warner to open - Burns/Renshaw/Bancroft (he is there at present but shouldn’t be on the plane)/someone else?

2. Who goes as the fourth quick - Bird/Richardson/Sayers/Pattinson (if available)/Siddle/Behrendorff/other?