Chris Lynn
Mitchell Marsh
Tim Paine
Jhye Richardson
Mitchell Starc
Marcus Stoinis
Andrew Tye
Adam Zampa

Glenn Maxwell very unlucky once again.. he must've pissed somebody off.

1. Warner
2. Finch
3. Lynn
4. Smith (c)
5. Head
6. M.Marsh / Stoinis
7. Paine

Great batting line-up.

Something like:

1. Warner
2. Finch
3. Lynn
4. Smith (c)
5. Head
6. MMarsh
7. Paine
8. Stoinis
9. Starc / Tye (when Starc is rested)
10. Cummins / Richardson (When Cummins is rested)
11. Hazlewood / Zampa (when Hazlewood is rested)

Overs:
10 - Starc / Tye
10 - Hazlewood / Tye / Zampa
10 - Cummins / Richardson
10 - Stoinis / MMarsh
10 - Head/ Finch / Smith / Zampa

Glenn Maxwell very unlucky once again.. he must've pissed somebody off.

Averaging 22 from your last 20 ODI is unlucky omission!

He wasn't in the team for the last two ODI in India which Australia won and he hasn't done anything since to get back in the side.

He wasn't in the team for the last two ODI in India which Australia won and he hasn't done anything since to get back in the side.

You mean apart from score more runs than almost anyone in the country, right?

p.s - What was Mitch Marsh averaging in his last 20 test innings before being selected for the Perth test? What an awful way to rationalise leaving him out of the team. Runs & Wickets are all that matter.

You mean apart from score more runs than almost anyone in the country, right?

p.s - What was Mitch Marsh averaging in his last 20 test innings before being selected for the Perth test? What an awful way to rationalise leaving him out of the team. Runs & Wickets are all that matter.

Exactly, runs are all that matter and he hasn’t made any in one day cricket.

Or BBL if you wanted to include that too.

Please tell me you’re not using Shield form to pick a one day team?

Exactly, runs are all that matter and he hasn’t made any in one day cricket.

Or BBL if you wanted to include that too.

Please tell me you’re not using Shield form to pick a one day team?

So you're telling me that he was left out of the side because he didn't score any runs for Victoria in the domestic One Day competition.

I'll make sure to inform him of that if I ever see him.

"Hey Maxy, maybe next year you should withdraw from the national T20 side so you can get some domestic One Day runs on the board for potential selection in the Australian One Day squad in 3 months time."

Edit: Inappropriate

Also, he made a 50 last night in the BBL, which is more than I can say for Finch. His last 5 short form innings - 0, 8, 4, 0, 8. Sublime.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're telling me that he was left out of the side because he didn't score any runs for Victoria in the domestic One Day competition.

I'll make sure to inform him of that if I ever see him.

"Hey Maxy, maybe next year you should withdraw from the national T20 side so you can get some domestic One Day runs on the board for potential selection in the Australian One Day squad in 3 months time."

Edit: Inappropriate

Also, he made a 50 last night in the BBL, which is more than I can say for Finch. His last 5 short form innings - 0, 8, 4, 0, 8. Sublime.

Who said anything about the Domestic One Day Competition?

I'll say it again his last 20 ODI for Australia- average 22 and was dropped two games ago.

Finch in India 124, 32 and 94 from the three games he played in October not bad from from the last time they played.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said anything about the Domestic One Day Competition?

I'll say it again his last 20 ODI for Australia- average 22 and was dropped two games ago.

Finch in India 124, 32 and 94 from the three games he played in October not bad from from the last time they played.

Oh ok so runs only matter when they suit your agenda, understood, carry on.

Oh ok so runs only matter when they suit your agenda, understood, carry on.

The agenda is the One Day side so the currency is one Day runs.

You’re maybe a bit confused about the different forms of the game?

If you want to make the One Day side- I’d suggest you make One Day runs. Or I’ll concede 20/20 runs.

If you want to make the Test side then it’s best you score heavily in the Shield.

If you’re scoring at 22 from your last 20 digs you’re going to struggle to stay in the team. Maxwell was dropped for the last two games of India.

If you want to get back in the One Day side after being dropped for averaging 22 then given the schedule now BBL runs would have helped but not as much as One Day runs.

Maxwell doesn’t have any ODI form for 12 months. See stat of av 22 from 20 games.

If you think 22 is a good average from last 20 games and 20 games isn’t enough to decide he’s out of form then how many would you give him?

Our summer? Another five games?
South Africa up to 30 now?

Last edited:
I would of actually preferred Maxi over Head

Head has been terrific.

Aus bats in last 20 Aus ODIs: Warner 1169 @ 68.76 Smith 706 @ 47.07 Head 699 @ 43.69 Finch 448 @ 34.46 Stoinis 341 @ 113.67 Wade 306 @ 25.50

Head has been terrific.

Aus bats in last 20 Aus ODIs: Warner 1169 @ 68.76 Smith 706 @ 47.07 Head 699 @ 43.69 Finch 448 @ 34.46 Stoinis 341 @ 113.67 Wade 306 @ 25.50
Yeah no doubt he's good, I just like the x factor Maxwell can bring he's so good to watch when he's going. Just imagine Finch, Warner, Lynn, Smith and Maxwell all in the same team.

Yeah no doubt he's good, I just like the x factor Maxwell can bring he's so good to watch when he's going. Just imagine Finch, Warner, Lynn, Smith and Maxwell all in the same team.

One 100 in six years isn’t X factor.

One 100 in six years isn’t X factor.
As I've said before, I love all your stat's but they aren't everything, Maxi is way to good to be left out for to much longer

The agenda is the One Day side so the currency is one Day runs.

You’re maybe a bit confused about the different forms of the game?

If you want to make the One Day side- I’d suggest you make One Day runs. Or I’ll concede 20/20 runs.

If you want to make the Test side then it’s best you score heavily in the Shield.

If you’re scoring at 22 from your last 20 digs you’re going to struggle to stay in the team. Maxwell was dropped for the last two games of India.

If you want to get back in the One Day side after being dropped for averaging 22 then given the schedule now BBL runs would have helped but not as much as One Day runs.

Maxwell doesn’t have any ODI form for 12 months. See stat of av 22 from 20 games.

If you think 22 is a good average from last 20 games and 20 games isn’t enough to decide he’s out of form then how many would you give him?

Our summer? Another five games?
South Africa up to 30 now?

Every single one of these stats is irrelevant when it comes to Maxwell.

The whole "Shield runs mean nothing when selecting One Day teams" thing you're on at the moment is completely ridiculous, it's Maxwell. Are you concerned that because he scored runs in 4 day games that he'll be unable to score runs quickly in the shorter form..? I could understand if it was someone like Kurtis Patterson scoring a bunch of shield runs at a strike rate of 35 or something, but that's the only scenario in which those runs wouldn't count for anything, if it was someone who's form may not translate to other forms of cricket.

We know Maxwell can score runs fast, he's in form, should've been picked in the squad at the very least.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.