Australia vs. New Zealand Test - Post Match Thread

I fell a sleep before kick off. I saw patches of the game but only really saw the last try by NZ and thought it was a great kick by Foran and it just sat up nice for Hohaia.

Pretty scrappy game Australia weren't gelling in attack - I thought Matalino (sp?) was really good for the Kiwis.

Lewis Brown was the standout for the Kiwis IMO.

Matt Scott was MOTM for mine though.

It was an ordinary games and both teams looked underprepared. In the end, the Kiwi's handling just let them down.

Stand-outs were the forwards, mainly from Australia although the Kiwi bench was great - Matulino and Brown just keep getting better and better. Didn't think much of Thurston's game, he played too conservatively and with Lockyer there he needed to ask more questions. Apart from a couple of brilliant moments (saving a try, scoring one) I thought Slater was a little quiet and we could have used him to link up with the backline more. Not suggesting it was a bad game but hopefully something Mal works on in time for Origin.

I thought all Broncos boys were fine without being spectacular with Lockyer being the pick of the bunch.

Big Pete said:
It was an ordinary games and both teams looked underprepared. In the end, the Kiwi's handling just let them down.

Stand-outs were the forwards, mainly from Australia although the Kiwi bench was great - Matulino and Brown just keep getting better and better. Didn't think much of Thurston's game, he played too conservatively and with Lockyer there he needed to ask more questions. Apart from a couple of brilliant moments (saving a try, scoring one) I thought Slater was a little quiet and we could have used him to link up with the backline more. Not suggesting it was a bad game but hopefully something Mal works on in time for Origin.

I thought all Broncos boys were fine without being spectacular with Lockyer being the pick of the bunch.

I think Cam Smith was a bit of a ball hog last night. Probably why Thurston didn't get involved as much.

Smith always plays like that, in fact, Smith probably underplayed himself from his usual Origin performance.

Thursto was just off, as illustrated on his weak attempt on Hohaia.

Lewis Brown from NZ team was pretty awesome I thought, didn't know of him until last night but he's a power house player.

I thought the play broke down everytime the ball got to Ben Creagh. or any of the other NSW players, lol. They just looked out of place in that mostlyQLD line up. The only one who fit in was Gallen. Feel sorry for him (almost) that he has to go back to those kooks.

Watched the game among a lot of cuzzy bros who were extremely bad losers so I had a great night, except for the getting to and from Skilled. Now I realize what a lot of you have been saying.

Hodges was such a hog, Yow Ye should have scored at least 2 maybe 3 tries on debut.
Also Idris looked so slow, I wonder if the Titans realize they have bought themselves a second rower.

Active Now

• DMZ
  • Lozza
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.