NEWS Badel with Bird

When Jack was supposedly playing well for us he was still fairly garbage imo, overrated and over paid, **** him off.

When Jack was supposedly playing well for us he was still fairly garbage imo, overrated and over paid, **** him off.

Slipping and fumbling, looked out of sorts. I am really surprised where this talk off 'stand out' player in the opening rounds come to mind. Maybe 2 or 3 good sideways runs but can clearly remember him dropping a couple when the line was open and also him spilling the ball in solid contact and the opposition pouncing and streaking the other way for tries.
We lost 6 off 9 games when he was in the side.

Hopefully he does not get injured again!

Did he actually say Badel makes shit up? What was the exact quote?

“If anyone knows the truth, it’s me. I’m here to stay for the next two years."

That was about it, didn't say anything about Badel or anything.

Unless it's in quotes, I wrote it. Do you really think Badel would've printed that?

For future reference: everything written in the News is bullshit, especially when it's about what someone is thinking. So nothing's changed there, just the author.

Last edited:
My take from your post was exactly the same as that taken by Finbar, and I do not recall Boyd being criticised for not reading social media, rather, it was his lack of insight into his own form. The analogy you attempted to draw was based on a flawed premise.
Mmmm, incorrect. Boyd was criticized for not listening/deliberately ignoring the incessant calls for him to step down, retire etc(amongst many other things). He very correctly said, **** 'em all. This is in essence 'not reading social media'. My point was Bird has flicked the social media after realising it was deletorious. Boyd's approach was a good example to follow. Anyway, it's not important is it?

Left centre, I know he prefers right but Staggs has cemented that side for now imo. Jack killed it with Oates at the start of the year so they should just roll with it and get him coming in a bit less, might lessen the injury risk.

I remember when Kotoni first played for us he was doing some pretty good work down the left hand side. I think it would be more beneficial to us to keep Bird on his preferred side and shift Kotoni back to the left.

Mmmm, incorrect. Boyd was criticized for not listening/deliberately ignoring the incessant calls for him to step down, retire etc(amongst many other things). He very correctly said, **** 'em all. This is in essence 'not reading social media'. My point was Bird has flicked the social media after realising it was deletorious. Boyd's approach was a good example to follow. Anyway, it's not important is it?

Asking for a friend, are you related to Boyd? Are you Kayla Boyd in secret here?

Asking for a friend, are you related to Boyd? Are you Kayla Boyd in secret here?
No, along with a select few on here I'm capable of seeing through the emotion of a situation. I see things as they are most of the time, the sort of qualities they look for in a judge reside within mine own good self. I take my time, consider things carefully but most importantly I do so dispassionately. Tell your friend that may happen to them if they have a long life and start with a keen intelligence. Good luck!

No, along with a select few on here I'm capable of seeing through the emotion of a situation. I see things as they are most of the time, the sort of qualities they look for in a judge reside within mine own good self. I take my time, consider things carefully but most importantly I do so dispassionately. Tell your friend that may happen to them if they have a long life and start with a keen intelligence. Good luck!

And with that age your eyesight has obviously deteriorated to the point where you cannot actually see what Boyd is even doing on the field. Which is not a lot by the way, so your not missing much.

You can try and spin it whichever way you want, but it is a BS claim to suggest that Boyd was criticised for not reading social media. You call other posters out about this type of stuff quite regularly. You made a false claim, man up and admit it. The analogy you tried to draw in reliance on what Bird allegedly said to Badel was flawed.

PS, I am not trying to bust your balls, just calling it as I see it. :-)

Last edited:
You can try and spin it whichever way you want, but it is a BS claim to suggest that Boyd was criticised for not reading social media. You call other posters out about this type of stuff quite regularly. You made a false claim, man up and admit it. The analogy you tried to draw in reliance on what Bird allegedly said to Badel was flawed.

PS, I am not trying to bust your balls, just calling it as I see it. :-)
Ha ha ha. Nope. There was nothing wrong with what I wrote, nothing to admit to other than a grammatical error. Instead of saying it was the thing I should have said it was a thing. That's the only part that was a mistake. I'm afraid you're just going to have to move on. Boyd WAS criticized for not listening, he was repeatedly criticized for having his head in the sand, being delusional about his form, basically not listening to the cacophony. He chose to cut out social media, Bird has done the same thing, that's the only point I made. I stand by that.

[
Ha ha ha. Nope. There was nothing wrong with what I wrote, nothing to admit to other than a grammatical error. Instead of saying it was the thing I should have said it was a thing. That's the only part that was a mistake. I'm afraid you're just going to have to move on. Boyd WAS criticized for not listening, he was repeatedly criticized for having his head in the sand, being delusional about his form, basically not listening to the cacophony. He chose to cut out social media, Bird has done the same thing, that's the only point I made. I stand by that.
I think you might have a timing issue in your history, I believe that Boyd cut out social media during the failed Newcastle experience, it was not due to anything that happened at the Broncos.

[

I think you might have a timing issue in your history, I believe that Boyd cut out social media during the failed Newcastle experience, it was not due to anything that happened at the Broncos.
Huh? What made you think I was unaware of that? That was reported a few years back and I hadn't forgotten, I just don't see why you perceived a timing issue.

He chose to cut out social media, no timeline for that was established but you seemed to misread that simple statement and attached something that wasn't there. In his detailed explanation about mental health he referred to the fact that he read everything written about him and he ditched it when he figured out it wasn't helpful. Flash forward years and during the recent season he again stated he pays no attention to what people say. That was yet another thing he received flak for but ultimately Bird saw his example and copied it from what I can tell. I may be wrong about that and Bird was oblivious of Boyd's stance but I think that unlikely.

Staggs and Bird are our centres. End of story.

Bird was great before he copped his season ending injury.

What I'm concerned about are our wingers. Oates REALLY needs to step it up, he was poor this season. Boyd on the wing? I don't like it. He offers no strike at all.

We need a Fijian winger who's very fast and strong.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.