NEWS Badel with Bird

No, along with a select few on here I'm capable of seeing through the emotion of a situation. I see things as they are most of the time, the sort of qualities they look for in a judge reside within mine own good self. I take my time, consider things carefully but most importantly I do so dispassionately. Tell your friend that may happen to them if they have a long life and start with a keen intelligence. Good luck!

Ok, i get it, your are Broncosgoats father. It all makes sense now!

Last edited:
Staggs and Bird are our centres. End of story.

Bird was great before he copped his season ending injury.

What I'm concerned about are our wingers. Oates REALLY needs to step it up, he was poor this season. Boyd on the wing? I don't like it. He offers no strike at all.

We need a Fijian winger who's very fast and strong.

I'm not so sure Boyd wont have some strike power on the wing. He did it for QLD, and not many of his tries for QLD involved him leaping for cross field kicks. They came about by being positionally sound and getting himself in a position to be where he needed to be outside of a very good center in Inglis. Would be interesting to see him there in the trials tbh and see how he looks.

Even if Bird had been at full strength this entire time, he’s still over paid.

Yeah he is. But I think if Brisbane can go deep into the finals (so a big if) he will be one of the best players on the field.

Our team is looking pretty complete. Big powerful forwards, an organising and a running half and powerful centres. Fullback is an unknown. The only things missing is some speed out wide and robust defence.

Hopefully seibold can do what he is paid to do because there is not really an excuse for this team not going deep into the finals. This is a squad most coaches would love to have at their disposal.

Last edited:
Who's the organizing half we have?

I'm not so sure Boyd wont have some strike power on the wing. He did it for QLD, and not many of his tries for QLD involved him leaping for cross field kicks. They came about by being positionally sound and getting himself in a position to be where he needed to be outside of a very good center in Inglis. Would be interesting to see him there in the trials tbh and see how he looks.

This .... and barring injury, a very good center is exact;y what he'll have inside him in 2020

About 90% of the tries Boyd scored in origin, anyone in this forum could have scored. He's been carried his whole career.

Cut out the personal snides and passive aggressiveness please. It is really starting to be irritating.
Gee, I hope you're referring to the instigator rather than the respondent! I mean, we wouldn't want to be seen as victim blaming would we?

I sincerely hope he has a great season and puts the injury stuff behind him. I don't blame him for his injuries at all and wish nothing but the best for his 2020 form.

That said, he's going to need a minor miracle to justify being re-signed by us. His contract is simply too large for a Centre and unless he turned out a huge season and then was also ready to take a pay cut off the back of that, I reallydon't see how we can justify keeping him.

I see it going three ways, all with probably the same final outcome.

1. He has another majory injury and we don't re-sign him.
2. He has a poor or mediocre season, we probably don't re-sign him.
3. He has a huge season, attracts offers from elsewhere that we would struggle to match, and he takes up one of those. Hard to see him wanting to take a pay cut if he's just had massive season, and it's also hard to see him having a massive season and not attracting silly offers from one of the Sydney clubs, so he'd be hard pressed not to take one of those.

I really do hope we get at least one awesome season out of him, both parties certainly deserve it, but I think no matter how it all goes, I'd be very surprised if he's a Broncos again in 2021 and onwards.

Last edited:
Kind of think it's not necessary to inform me why people put shit on Boyd.
My point was Bird has flicked the social media after realising it was deletorious.

How am I supposed to know that when you said "the thing", you meant "a thing"? I'm not a mindreader, I took your post as it was written.

Also, deletorious is spelt deleterious and pronounced with a 'teer' rather than a 'tor' sound.

Bird won’t be playing for Wynnum Manly so doubt him and Boyd will playing on the same side.
If you can't read the writing on the wall and haven't yet made peace with the reality that Boyd will very, very like be starting the season with the Broncos, you're going to be in for a God awful shock on that first Team List Tuesday.

If you can't read the writing on the wall and haven't yet made peace with the reality that Boyd will very, very like be starting the season with the Broncos, you're going to be in for a God awful shock on that first Team List Tuesday.

Yeah, I swallowed the bitter pill a few days ago. @Purple Pills I guess you just have to ask yourself how many times Seibold is gonna say Boyd will be in the team before you start believing him. That's what I did, and I've heard enough now to believe it, sadly.

Yeah, I swallowed the bitter pill a few days ago. @Purple Pills I guess you just have to ask yourself how many times Seibold is gonna say Boyd will be in the team before you start believing him. That's what I did, and I've heard enough now to believe it, sadly.
Exactly. You may not personally agree with it. I probably don't either. But if you haven't yet accepted that it's the overwhelmingly likely outcome at this point, you really should start making your peace with it or that first team sheet is really going to sting.

How am I supposed to know that when you said "the thing", you meant "a thing"? I'm not a mindreader, I took your post as it was written.

Also, deletorious is spelt deleterious and pronounced with a 'teer' rather than a 'tor' sound.
Thanks, missed that one. I didn't say it was your fault, it clearly was mine. Two mistakes in the one post ! Al Zimer has moved in. Clearly the spellchecker wasn't working that day but I do know the correct spelling, I think perhaps that was also my binge drink day during my two weeks off. No matter, ya got me! Another time I was wrong.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it if I felt that he would actually get dropped and made accountable for a long stretch of poor performances when the inevitable shit happens in 2020 but we have gone through 18 months of Boyd falling short of what most of us feel would be considered a good performance and I’ll be fucked if we have to put up with him being given another 3-6 month free ride.

There is no reason for him to be in the team in Round 1 if Bird is fully fit and Farnsworth blows Boyd’s trial form out the window. None. The experience card is a cop out when his experience and leadership had zero effect on our squad on the field.

And if he has poor performance after poor performance and he is still being picked in April, Seibold can end his career with the club in 2020 with Darius

Active Now

• Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • The True King
  • Broncs1459
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.