Basking in victory over Dragons

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Well, back at work this morning (though this is not always the case for me on Monday with this shift roster, it just happens to be the case this week). Haven't been working here that long but I heard after the win by the mighty Raiders last week that there were a few Dragons supporters here. I downloaded the 2009 Broncos team photo wallpaper this morning and promptly changed the background to that, making sure there was enough unused screen space to keep it clearly visible.

A guy stuck his head in later and stared for a moment. Normally they want to ask me something work related or ask if I want some food if they're doing a food run at nearby shops. Not this time. "Broncos..." he said, then a long pause, "..Bastards!" I mentioned that I'd heard there were a few St George supporters around here. "Yeah, I'm one" he replied. Then another long pause. "Bastards!" he repeated. "Nah, legends!" I corrected. "Bastards!" again was all he could say back [icon_lol1.

My way of putting some light into what was an otherwise fairly tragic day (I speak of another sport here).

Anyone else had pleasure of "sticking the boot in" today?

I said to one Dragons supporting friend of mine:

"I know how you feel. I remember numerous times in recent years inferior Dragons teams beating us. It sucks losing when you know you're the better team huh?" :P

hahaha ive been copping it for weeks from this one guy. first thing i said to him this morning was: "have you got any Broncos jokes for me this morning? no you havent!"

If we don't beat the Raiders. I will deadset go postal on that team.

Coxy said:
I said to one Dragons supporting friend of mine:

"I know how you feel. I remember numerous times in recent years inferior Dragons teams beating us. It sucks losing when you know you're the better team huh?" :P

Do you actually believe that ? Cause I don't.

Put me on a lie detector and if I said St George have a better team, I'd be lying.

On the same lie detector, if I said the Broncos try their guts out every week, the machine would blow up.

Oink !

Dragons have a better all round team, there's no doubt. Better front row. Better back row. Better bench. Backlines relatively even.

Only area the Broncos are better on paper is the halves.

Better bench maybe. I just think our front rowers and back rowers are now finally playing up to their potential, which was always superior to the Dragons. Our backline kills theirs. I just wish the score had been a thrashing. Only reason it wasn't was that their defence was still very good despite the fact they were being beaten all over the park, just not as good as ours on the night. icon_thumbs_u

Every dragons fan i've tried to gloat too have said
"nah, wayne said this was coming, he has coached them not to play at their flashy brilliant best"

wtf, I'm sure if anyone knows about Wayne's coaching it's a Bronco's supporter, try that on us would ya.

Makes me want to hurl. I just remind them of all the times he coached us into a slump, and they just roll their eyes. It's a weird Wayne Bennett cult down there in the gong.

1999. Sticky hands Mundine. I would still be having nightmares.

My friend, he's a Dragons supporter and the first thing I said to him as I walked into class was "2 points", bit of pause for a while at the same time shaking my head "2 points" 3 times. All he could say was "Shut up Hatchy, It was a fluke" [icon_non

Damn, now I'm thinking I should've taken the $5 bet he offered :mad:

That guy was so confident last Friday, it's funny seeing him now. [icon_lol1.

means a big fat bag of nothing if they drop this game against the cowboys ....

Actually, that would be a no. Even if we don't make the 8, beating the Dragqueens has just about made my year.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Shane Tronc
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • teampjta
  • Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.