CRICKET BBL|13 Discussion

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Draft is on Sunday Night so seems logical to get the thread up and running.

Brisbane Heat

BBL|12: 2nd Place

Current squad:
Xavier Bartlett, Josh Brown, Max Bryant, Spencer Johnson, Usman Khawaja (C), Matt Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan McSweeney, Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson, Will Prestwidge, Matthew Renshaw, Mitch Swepson

Losses: Sam Heazlett (Unsigned), Jack Wildermuth (Unsigned), James Bazley (Adelaide Strikers), Mark Steketee (Melbourne Stars)

Domestic Spots: 2 to fill

Draft Picks: 7, 15, 18 and 31

Retention Picks: Colin Munro, Sam Hain, Sam Billings, Ross Whitely, Tom Banton (by rights)

Fox Sports Platinum Mock Picks:
Colin Munro (Pick 7)
Martin Guptill (Pick 15)

Heat Requirements:
Availability
All-Rounder
Top order Reinforcements

BBL|13 Draft

Order:
1. Melbourne Stars
2. Adelaide Strikers
3. Hobart Hurricanes
4. Sydney Thunder
5. Melbourne Renegades
6. Sydney Sixers
7. Brisbane Heat
8. Perth Scorchers

Platinum Players:
Gus Atkinson, Sam Billings, Harry Brook, Joe Clarke, Zak Crawley, Tom Curran, Quinton De Kock, Faf Du Plessis, Martin Guptil, Alex Hales, Will Jacks, Chris Jordan, Rashid Khan, Shadab Khan, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Dawid Malan, Tymal Mills, Colin Munro, Harris Rauf, Rilee Rossouw, Phil Salt, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, James Vince

Fox sports First Round Platinum Mock:
1. Harry Brook (Stars)
2. Rashid Khan (Strikers - Retained)
3. Shadab Khan (Hurricanes - Retained)
4. Sam Billings (Renegades)
5. Alex Hales (Thunder - Retained)
6. Tom Curran (Sixers - Retained)
7. Colin Munro (Heat - Retained)
8. Phil Salt (Scorchers)

Thoughts on the upcoming draft and season?

Munro picked first

Melie Kerr and Bess Heath (Eng) are 1 and 2 for the girls.

Sadly Jess Kerr is at the Sixers

Sam Billings is pick 2 for the Heat

Makes sense to repeat them 2. Pretty reliable and we made the GF with them both probably playing as bad as they have in their years of big bash so far. Can feel a bowler or all rounder getting picked here.

Why the **** would you go with him.

1. Colin Munro
2. Usman Khawaja (C)
3. Sam Billings
4. Matt Renshaw
5. Marnus Labuschagne
6. Jimmy Peirson (WK)
7. Michael Neser
8. Paul Walter
9. Spencer Johnson
10. Matt Kuhnemann
11. Mitch Swepson

With Brown, Bartlett, McSweeney, Bryant, Prestwidge and 2 domestic players more to be signed the side is looking pretty good if they can perform. Either of Swepson or Kuhnemann could very easily fall out of the side for Bartlett depending on form and the pitch.

Hopefully there is good availability for the international boys but unlikely to have them for the business ends of the season.

The Wilderbeest is back at the Heat this season

Tick off two with one there. Wildermuth is great squad depth and if he manages to find form (which I doubt) he can be a top level player.

Someone’s back for the Heat. Announced tomorrow. My guess is Tom
Banton for when one of the INT’s leaves (fingers crossed).

England don’t have any test cricket till the end of Jan so Baz may be coming on as a coach if some sort. AB won’t be playing and doesn’t really have enough attachment to the club to come be an assistant coach on the other side of the world over christmas.

Can’t really see anybody else getting the he’s back post on socials apart from Lynn but he is re-signed. Ben McDermott would/could but he is locked in down in Hobart for now and he wouldn’t get a release this late on. We don’t have a domestic spot left anyways.

I just saw that Bazley is no longer with the Heat.

Celebrate We Did It GIF

Someone’s back for the Heat. Announced tomorrow. My guess is Tom
Banton for when one of the INT’s leaves (fingers crossed).

England don’t have any test cricket till the end of Jan so Baz may be coming on as a coach if some sort. AB won’t be playing and doesn’t really have enough attachment to the club to come be an assistant coach on the other side of the world over christmas.

Can’t really see anybody else getting the he’s back post on socials apart from Lynn but he is re-signed. Ben McDermott would/could but he is locked in down in Hobart for now and he wouldn’t get a release this late on. We don’t have a domestic spot left anyways.
How much of a tease was that from the Heat. I was thinking g Banton too, turns out it was Rocket Man 🤦‍♂️

How much of a tease was that from the Heat. I was thinking g Banton too, turns out it was Rocket Man 🤦‍♂️

I can't believe how much people built that up as being something

Felt it was pretty obvious it was Rocket Man haha

I can't believe how much people built that up as being something

Felt it was pretty obvious it was Rocket Man haha
Not me obviously, I fell hook, line and sinker.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Dazza 92
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • LittleDavey
  • Browny
  • The Don
  • Kev_Guz
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.