CRICKET BBL|13 Discussion

Did the NRL sponsor that microphone Johnson was using?

The medal for player of the final is a literal KFC bucket... holy ****.

That is peak BBL... will probably give Vlando ideas on other ways to sell out the comp

Waiting for the championship medals to just be smaller buckets of KFC

Haha, the ref called Kepler Wessels

Edit: 12th man flash back

What it has been is a masterclass in talent scouting and man management from Lehmann I would suggest, who would no doubt be very aware of what is going on in South Australia in terms of the players available withouth a BBL contract.

Spencer Johnson has been a revelation, we all knew that last year but he came from literally nowhere and he was actually quite emotional about the opportunity the Heat gave him. McSweeney same boat, not as dynamic a T20 player as others but he proved crucial in our past 2 games, I got no doubt he was able to have a calming influence on Josh Brown and Brown was quick to credit him for some of his success.

I think we’ve got the core team to be just as effective next season, I was a bit worried we would fall off a cliff without our international players at the top of the order but Josh Brown silenced me in that regard and was happy to be proven wrong.

The most impressive thing about the season is, apart from McSweeney’s one over against the Strikers we only used 6 bowlers all season. Smart recruiting to ensure that your bowling lineup is growing to be there the whole season.

The improvement in Bartlett has played a big part of our success this season, it may be a controversial call, but I’d say he’s been our best player this season.

The most impressive thing about the season is, apart from McSweeney’s one over against the Strikers we only used 6 bowlers all season. Smart recruiting to ensure that your bowling lineup is growing to be there the whole season.

The improvement in Bartlett has played a big part of our success this season, it may be a controversial call, but I’d say he’s been our best player this season.

It is hard to argue otherwise to be honest. Obviously Sweppo and Kuhnemann would be in the conversation, both the internationals that left would have been if they stayed all season. Johnson and Brown were absolutely phenomenal late in the tournament when the pressure was on which is a great sign for them moving forward. Neser was absolutely amazing throughout through batting, bowling and fielding but not always at the same time. McSweeney shone through with his leadership, he's going to be a long term Aussie player, you can just see the talent is coming together for him. Walter started beautifully but fell away as the tournament progressed. So yeah, hard to argue against Bartlett and well rewarded with an Aussie call up. You also get the sense his stocks are rising and he might well go past a few long term squad players. Very handy bat too.

I’m still amazed that The Sixers chose to bowl. Before the match I thought if we are any chance we need to bat first and when they won the toss i thought ****, but then they handed it to us. Also nice that the rubbish deck they prepared for us backfired on them.

So much credit to Josh Brown, we don't get to the final let alone win it without him. I have been very critical of him but to come out with all the pressure on him especially after the previous innings is just incredible. Well done and he also just seems like a great bloke.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.