CRICKET BBL|13 Discussion

What it has been is a masterclass in talent scouting and man management from Lehmann I would suggest, who would no doubt be very aware of what is going on in South Australia in terms of the players available withouth a BBL contract.

Spencer Johnson has been a revelation, we all knew that last year but he came from literally nowhere and he was actually quite emotional about the opportunity the Heat gave him. McSweeney same boat, not as dynamic a T20 player as others but he proved crucial in our past 2 games, I got no doubt he was able to have a calming influence on Josh Brown and Brown was quick to credit him for some of his success.

I think we’ve got the core team to be just as effective next season, I was a bit worried we would fall off a cliff without our international players at the top of the order but Josh Brown silenced me in that regard and was happy to be proven wrong.

Marnus was pivotal in Johnson coming to the Heat. Johnson played for Redlands in the T20 Max in 22 with Marnus and Marnus wanted him at the Heat after that.

Brown too, dominated the Max in 22 and Heat just picked up the best bowler and batsman from their domestic comp.

Both of them made the team of the season and who picks it but Seccombe, Lehmann, Hartley, Harris and Bichel- all Heat staff at the time.

King has his hands all over it too.

I’m still amazed that The Sixers chose to bowl. Before the match I thought if we are any chance we need to bat first and when they won the toss i thought ****, but then they handed it to us. Also nice that the rubbish deck they prepared for us backfired on them.

So much credit to Josh Brown, we don't get to the final let alone win it without him. I have been very critical of him but to come out with all the pressure on him especially after the previous innings is just incredible. Well done and he also just seems like a great bloke.
Was listening to Sattlers radio show before the game - Heat were 6 and 0 this season batting first and they chose to bowl? Mind you, their form batting second wasn’t bad either.

Late to the party, but it was nice to see the Heat rewarded after such a good season. Their bowling and fielding in particular was much improved and some of their wins were among the best in franchise history.

If this thread is anything to go by, bullying works. Lord knows if b4l told me I sucked, I'd certainly listen and change tact and it seems like Brown read the room too. That was an unbelievable knock against the Strikers and just the type of momentum the Heat needed going into the final.

Sometimes you just need those inspirational moments to get you over the line. It just gives you that freedom to back yourself. I thought we saw that in the final where Brown struggled early, but really seemed to come into his own when he started slogging. It could have easily gone pear shaped if Dwarshuis took that opportunity, but it just opened the door for the Heat.

I was happy to see Renshaw step up when it mattered as well. I don't think he's played to his ability all competition, but he continued what Brown started and I liked the presence of mind to at least attempt that last run.

The bowlers all did their job. As others pointed out, Johnson only got better as the competition rolled on and he was a deserving MotM. It's a great story for him and the competition and I thought what shone through was his appreciation of the Heat. He certainly repaid the favour and just following his progress from a no-name who has a bit of something to one of marquee players of the competition has been a highlight.

Tall Paul was another cult hero. I don't think there was a more dangerous bowler in the competition than Tall Paul after getting carted for a boundary. I learned never to get fussed after he got smacked for a six because a wicket was sure to follow and it happened again.

Even if he wasn't bowling, Tall Paul would somehow get involved. That fielding from Neser was incredible and really was the cherry on top of the night.

It looked like it was going to be a tall order without Munro and Billings but the boys got it done and capped off an enjoyable season.

Late to the party, but it was nice to see the Heat rewarded after such a good season. Their bowling and fielding in particular was much improved and some of their wins were among the best in franchise history.

If this thread is anything to go by, bullying works. Lord knows if b4l told me I sucked, I'd certainly listen and change tact and it seems like Brown read the room too. That was an unbelievable knock against the Strikers and just the type of momentum the Heat needed going into the final.

Sometimes you just need those inspirational moments to get you over the line. It just gives you that freedom to back yourself. I thought we saw that in the final where Brown struggled early, but really seemed to come into his own when he started slogging. It could have easily gone pear shaped if Dwarshuis took that opportunity, but it just opened the door for the Heat.

I was happy to see Renshaw step up when it mattered as well. I don't think he's played to his ability all competition, but he continued what Brown started and I liked the presence of mind to at least attempt that last run.

The bowlers all did their job. As others pointed out, Johnson only got better as the competition rolled on and he was a deserving MotM. It's a great story for him and the competition and I thought what shone through was his appreciation of the Heat. He certainly repaid the favour and just following his progress from a no-name who has a bit of something to one of marquee players of the competition has been a highlight.

Tall Paul was another cult hero. I don't think there was a more dangerous bowler in the competition than Tall Paul after getting carted for a boundary. I learned never to get fussed after he got smacked for a six because a wicket was sure to follow and it happened again.

Even if he wasn't bowling, Tall Paul would somehow get involved. That fielding from Neser was incredible and really was the cherry on top of the night.

It looked like it was going to be a tall order without Munro and Billings but the boys got it done and capped off an enjoyable season.
You are all welcome guys.

Probably goes to show how important he was to our championship just for his outfielding/catching.

Probably goes to show how important he was to our championship just for his outfielding/catching.

Another catch that could’ve made it was the one of him sliding in down at long on to get Abbott out

Awkward height and he just slides in at full speed and takes it like a fucking boss

Second-last in this video, but just watch it all to appreciate the great man

What? We can't give him a big deal? Seriously, that blows, he basically won us the title.

Well, that sucks

Are we getting McDermott as a replacement??

Our top order sucked already and now we lose the one guy who was ok for a couple games a year... hopefully we've got someone coming in at the top of the order.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Midean
  • Skyblues87
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bongo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.