Ben Hunt wins Toyota Cup POY

B

brisbroncosboy

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Ben Hunt has won the toyota cup player of the year at the Dally M's tonight, glad we signed him for next few years

S

sydney_bronco09

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
great work! whatz that....the broncos have some halves/hookers atm dont they!

P

[PLAYBOY]

Jul 3, 2008
From what i've seen of him during the games foxsports has televised he seems to be a very exciting prospect. And knowing the Broncos have secured him for another 2 years is very pleasing.

Whats everyone elses thoughts on him? Has anyone seem him live?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Seen him play a few games, quite a player but not the standout of the Toyota Cup. If Sandow or Barba had more games in the Toyota cup they probably would have won (epecially Barba who missed out by one point).

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
definetly thought barba would have won, but ben hunt is a great player. only seen him live about 4 times and a few on the tv but he likes to run the ball and has a great kicking game

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I have a feeling Ben Hunt will partner Wallace in the halves on that dreaded day when Lockyer retires

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
bfoord said:
I have a feeling Ben Hunt will partner Wallace in the halves on that dreaded day when Lockyer retires

I think that is a surerity (is that even a word? [icon_lol1.) rather than a feeling!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
i'd also like to see him get a bit of a run in the NRL squad next year.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
bfoord said:
i'd also like to see him get a bit of a run in the NRL squad next year.

With Perry's departure I think you will see him utilised at least around the SOO period and anytime Lockyer or Wallace are absent, his definitely a player of the future.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Good player but saw many others in NYC better than him but they obviously were not as consistent or got promoted to NRL, congrats to you though Ben for being the most consistent ALL season.
Playing in the number 7 jersey helps in these awards doesn't it (Matt Awful and Ben Hunt = halfbacks)

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, I hate that. It's like "hmmm, team X won, it must've been because of halfback, hooker, five-eighth or fullback". Props never feature highly, but I guarantee you no team can win without performing front rowers!

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Yeah, I hate that. It's like "hmmm, team X won, it must've been because of halfback, hooker, five-eighth or fullback". Props never feature highly, but I guarantee you no team can win without performing front rowers!

Which maks Kaufusi, Lima, Blair, White so much more important!!! icon_thumbs_u

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
If you are picking a team, the first thing most coaches look for is a gun prop and halfback.

Case in point: Titans signed Bailey and Prince before they even thought about anyone else.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Swordfish
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • kiwi2
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.