Ben Hunt's future is uncertain now

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I know it isn't fair to heap a whole lot of shit onto his back, Hunt knows he fucked it up, he broke into tears basically immediately after the GP knock on then went straight over to Hodges bauling his eyes out at full time.

Bennett has to really be a mentor for him now, because Hunt is going to STRUGGLE to come back from this. He probably has the first 4 weeks of next season on the sideline to think about it after that dangerous throw, so he won't even have a chance to build any momentum early on.

It hurts to admit it, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if this stunted him completely. It's the worst result possible for him, basically.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
It's alright we've still got Ash Taylor and Jayden Nikorima to fill in for the first month of next season.

giphy.gif

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
He'll be all right in the long run.

He'd be shattered now, but he'll grow from this experience.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The bloke has the heart of a lion.

He's a fucking champion and I'm a little insulted you seem so sure he's going to struggle.

I and many others, including his team mates will be supporting him all the way.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
So he fucking should cry ... He dropped the grand final .... It's 2015, DEAL WITH IT ...

He's a good player yada yada yada but he fucked up MASSIVE TIME tonight and he has to wear that ... he can either draw strength from it and fucking ensure it never happens again or he can search for sympathy and mope like an asshole ....

sport is a cut-throat game nowadays, no more so than NRL ... you **** up in golden point, you lose ....

Last edited:
Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
He'll be fine. It's a strong club with strong leadership. Bennett is the best possible coach for him right now. I don't think there's anyone better to get him through this.

He's also got a hugely talented, young team with seriously good veteran pieces around him. He doesn't have to do everything by himself like he did in 2014. Milford, Nikorima, Oates, McGuire, Offa, Kahu, Maranta, even Wallace. Parker will be around for a while longer hopefully, Glenn and Gillett both have a lot of experience, as does McCullough. Blair has been revitalised by Bennett.

I'd question whether he was ready for the captaincy right away. If he's still the long-term plan, then maybe give it to Parker short-term, then Hunt. Otherwise I guess you have to consider Glenn or McCullough.

Last edited:
OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
I don't believe Hunt cost the game.This will be a defining moment for Hunt. Broncos excelled this year. Give it another for years and they will dominate.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Hunt sat on the bench for 4 years biding his time, backing his ability to get that #7 jumper. This won't break him. It'll just show exactly what it takes to be that tiny bit better. He'll come back more determined than ever.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
You could see the devastation on Hunts face when he dropped the ball.

But he'll come back stronger... He is coached by the best man manager on the business after all.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
No Ben Hunt. No grand final loss.

No Ben Hunt. No grand final to lose.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Hunt absolutely fucked up, but I still love him, and I seriously reckon he'll become a better player because of it. I don't think he's the type to let failure get to him and make him worse.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
He took it pretty hard with that loss to Cronulla last season. This is a whole different level. Geez what a way to lose. Hope he does learn from this.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Without Hunt we don't make the Gf. Grow up! He will be more determined next year and repay everyone!

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
He'll bounce back. Guaranteed. He has Wayne Bennett. He just needs to dig deep and reshuffle those cards life dealt him tonight. We've all been there. He'll be back.

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Mr Fourex
  • Strop
  • RodF
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • leon.bott
  • Nerd
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Browny
  • Bronx48
  • BroncosAlways
  • Volvo Driver
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.