Bennet and Tallis

T

therhyno

Mar 13, 2008
Was just curious as to the bad blood between these 2?

Does anyone know if they truley don't get along, and if so why?

I can only assume, it was because Bennett lied about agreeing to coach the Roosters.

I think that's when it all started.

Kaz said:
I can only assume, it was because Bennett lied about agreeing to coach the Roosters.

Well Bennet never really lied about it. To this day he has still not confirmed or denied it, but just left everyone else to do that for him.

What's Bennett's % of being mates with his past captains? Let's see...

Wally left on bad terms.
Had a recent dig at Langer.
Doesn't see eye-to-eye with Gordie.
Sacked Walters as a coach's assistant.

Have I missed anyone?

but u wouldve thought that about alf as well! u see them at the 2001 3rd origin and it looks like they are about to make out.

Gene Miles also left on bad terms but i think his beef is more with ribot rather than bennett.

Suppose it's one of those things we will never really know
But still gotta love both of them.

True that, Cam.

Really, I think it comes down to being one of those things we'll never know and tbh I don't really need to know things like that.

When it gets down to it, if you work very closely with someone for a long time, there's bound to be differences of opinion which can flare up. A football coach and his captain basically live in each other's pockets... so you'd have to think there would never, ever be a 100% successful friendship with no disagreements or tension between any of them.

tallis said something in an interview once to the effect of that for him wayne has lost that sort of aura around him (everything wayne says is gold type of thing) to him after the whole rooster's deal...it was something like that he said he still respect him for his place at the broncos or whatever.

I remember Tallis once said on foxsports that he thinks WB didnt teach him anything new as a coach but was good with outside player problems.

Agree with Mick, it is just bound to happen, doesn't mean they are not good mates and what have you, obviously they just dont see eye to eye on everything. Both going their separate ways also, probably meant hey didnt have too much contact post retirement.

They are just 2 men who aernt scared to voice their opinion.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.