NEWS Bennett insists McCullough ready for Maroons call-up

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Super Freak, May 15, 2018.

1. mitch222

mitch222 NRL Captain

You think Granville, Friend or Hunt wouldnt knock up well before Macca? Granville is extremely embarrasing when he knocks up at NRL level and its normally at the back end of the first half! As for Friend, hasnt looked like playing 80 minutes this year at all

2. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Rep

bris
    Never said the others are any better. Just simply saying Macca would be fucked after 80 mins of origin. That's not necessarily having a dig at him as I know he'd give his all.

3. mitch222

mitch222 NRL Captain

Thus the reason to run a proper utility

4. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Rep

Even if that was the case, McCullough is smart enough to pace himself. He's got good defenders around him so he won't need to make all of those tackles. And even if he does, he's rarely wrecked at NRL level anyway. Also his running game has been great this year. Makes 15 metres every time. Can kick more and will be involved with Smith who will teach him how to be a cheat. And cheaters always prosper in the NRL

5. What do you think we've been doing for the past 12 years?

6. animal eater

animal eater QCup Player

That's gold @Cult3@Cult3

7. Battler

Battler NRL Player

Why not just pick Hunt on the interchange as insurance? I reckon dce deserves a shot, he’s the only proper half back (as in can organise, kick well, lead, and has the bonus of gking) and deserves a go without smith breathing down his neck and playing second fiddle to JT. Morgan is playing like shit.

BroncsFan likes this.
  8. pagey

pagey NRL Player

Definitely worth a shot

9. Sproj

Sproj

In answer to the Macca v Hunt debate, they are they only two logical options...so why not have both?

9. Macca

14. Hunt

This is what it should be, will be and has to be.

Now the only other question of real importance is who plays 7. Munster is a certainty for 6 and I think Morgan will get first shot at the 7 because if he doesn't, I'm just not sure where he fits in the side and he probably has earned the right to be there somewhere.

That said, I know Milf gets a lot of unfair rubbish at present but he is without a doubt the guy who should be playing 7. His game management has come along in leaps and bounds and a Munster-Milf one-two punch would be amazing.

JAHHW likes this.
  10. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Rep

If Morgan plays halfback we lose. He needs Te Maire Martin to look good

11. Foordy

Foordy

Des Morris has pretty much confirmed that it will be Munster and Hunt in the halves for game one

12. Sproj

Sproj

That was before Smith's retirement though wasn't it?

13. But is he good enough at Origin level?

Even this year in clubland I think he's really only played 2 great games out of 10 but maybe I'm a hard marker?

14. Mister Wright

Mister Wright NRL Player

Macca definitely should be the first choice QLD hooker. If you play a spine of Slater, Muster, Hunt & McCullough with Morgan coming off the bench you would have Macca's excellence as a defender in the crucial early stages, you could also give him a rest with Hunt slipping to dummy half and Morgan coming into the halves. When Macca returns Morgan can go to lock like he did when he came off the bench a few years ago & Hunt returning to the halves. It's a win-win.

pagey likes this.
  15. That's all well and good. Ben Hunt is a halfback. That's the position he should play.

JAHHW likes this.
  16. Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro QCup Player

I actually welcome Macca to play Origin. If chosen I expect QLD to lose but then Macca will be exposed to areas not usually an issue at NRL level eg attacking structures, knowing when to pass at the line, tactics (ie Smith-like cheating and zooming to give us penalties :wink:)

He’ll come back a better player and that’s in the interests of us Bronxs.

17. Foordy

Foordy

Then I would have to ask why he wasn't exposed to these area's ... considering that we had the QLD coach with us for the entire pre-season and first 6-odd weeks of the season ... why would Walters hold that back, especially since he was reportedly working on our attack

18. No he's not. He's as dumb as dogshit.

Accept likes this.
  19. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Morris isn’t a selector, QRL replaced Morris and Smith with Lockyer and Walters. Miles the chairman.