Bennett puts a rocket up TPJ

This SO MUCH!!!!

It’s almost like WB wants to get our best potential players out of the club before passing on the scraps to the incoming coach in a couple of years.

Attitude definitely needs to be tone down a bit but I’m surprised that only TPJ needs a public lashing. Are the others too ‘delicate’ for this treatment? Damn - I thought we played NRL not latte sipping Victorians with their aerial ping pong!
Some of you people can grasp at anything. This lashing was only public because TPJ decided to talk about it in an interview. How do we know how many players he has had meetings with over the last few weeks? And how the **** does any of this make it seem like he wants the best players to leave? You just made it up based on absolutely nothing. It's getting ridiculous

I do wonder though, is this the biggest problem in the squad?

When do the multitude of players who are actually playing awfully, get a rocket?

It's not the biggest problem, totally agree it's not but if he doesnt curb things a little we are going to lose him through suspensions.

Some of you people can grasp at anything. This lashing was only public because TPJ decided to talk about it in an interview. How do we know how many players he has had meetings with over the last few weeks? And how the **** does any of this make it seem like he wants the best players to leave? You just made it up based on absolutely nothing. It's getting ridiculous
We really need a sarcasm button here when things aren’t obvious enough.

This was needed. I love TPJ's passion and aggression as much as anyone but lets face it, the Broncos aren't getting away with shit like that in the eyes of the refs in a million years. The likes of Napa and Fifita can grub it up as much as they please but when TPJ does it, the penalties soon follow.

Those are penalties we can't afford in a side on struggle street.

I agree with most of whats been said. WB is all for team effort and show boating is the direct opposite.
The thing is he will learn and become a better player, judging by his response.
The great players use every moment on the field to plan ahead with what is needed.
Neither Lockyer nor Hodges had huge huge celebrations after individual successes on the field because their minds were already focussed on the next play.
I too enjoy his enthusiasm but he needs to mold it for the cohesion of the team. Celebrating a big tackle where your opponent loses it whilst your team mates want direction and understanding is not on.
A victory though, then he (and his mates) can go nuts. Any celebration in a loss looks at best silly, and at its worst shows selfishness. He is still young and can grow. He has the right temperament for effort, but remember, he is being molded to lead and that requires wider focus.

If he becomes disliked by the opposition due to aggression and hardness, that's a good thing. If he does so through being a smart-ass, that is bad for him and the team.

If he becomes disliked by the opposition due to aggression and hardness, that's a good thing. If he does so through being a smart-ass, that is bad for him and the team.
I don't agree with a lot you say Reyter but on this you are right.
That said, there is a place for players who can exploit opponent's mental fragility. Michael Innes was much maligned by opponents but was a great player for us and others.
Bennet doesn't like those kind of tactics. He's a straight arrow and definitely doesn't encourage it, but there have been plenty of players that have come through the ranks with that kind of "combative" spirit.
The thing is, it has to be focused. Whether it goes the way of Innes or more like Tallis, hancock or Gee depends on the personality and values of the individual (Hodges straddled that line) but they all understood the team performance comes first.
When they are young, they can lose their way but if persisted with, and their first spirit honed, make great players.

I don't agree with a lot you say Reyter but on this you are right.
That said, there is a place for players who can exploit opponent's mental fragility. Michael Innes was much maligned by opponents but was a great player for us and others.
Bennet doesn't like those kind of tactics. He's a straight arrow and definitely doesn't encourage it, but there have been plenty of players that have come through the ranks with that kind of "combative" spirit.
The thing is, it has to be focused. Whether it goes the way of Innes or more like Tallis, hancock or Gee depends on the personality and values of the individual (Hodges straddled that line) but they all understood the team performance comes first.
When they are young, they can lose their way but if persisted with, and their first spirit honed, make great players.
Thank you. I can't say whether I agree with a lot you say or not. I typically concentrate on the message, not who posts it. But now you mention it I'm going to disagree with myself. Though I don't think I'm schizophrenic. Am I:ihatethosestormplayers:? There is a time and place for being a smart-ass and it seems Pangai Jnr is poor at deciding when and where that is.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • Broncs1459
  • Spoon
  • john1420
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • levikaden
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tim K
  • BruiserMk1
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
  • RolledOates
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.