RUMOUR Bennett to return to Red Hill?

For all you lot saying move on, we tried that, and we got Anthony Seibold and Ivan Henjak. Our best option would have always been to move on with a succession plan that didn't involve shifting on Wayne Bennett in the way we did. I'd say if we let him have his final year, this situation we are currently in doesn't happen.

I agree with the sentiment, we need to not be reliant on him. Problem is we really need his influence and ability to attract players to the Broncos.We have zero star quality. Waynes just the logical choice right now to steady the ship. He doesnt need to be the coach, but he needs to be here in some capacity.

Bennett will get dragged back in to to do his usual dance with the media:
Gentlemen, take your partners:

“No, I’ve moved on and that is where it is at. And that is where it could it stay as far as I’m concerned. I never think about it (the Broncos)- I’ve moved on.”

“I’ve had one phone call about the 17th team and a guy wanted to know if I was interested in coaching them. And I said at this point in time I would be if something becomes available. I may be employed in coaching still. If there is a new franchise they will be looking to buy players and have things to set up."

“I love what I do and I think I can make a contribution. But I’ll keep an eye on everything. I have no commitments to anyone.”

McHunt

For all you lot saying move on, we tried that, and we got Anthony Seibold and Ivan Henjak. Our best option would have always been to move on with a succession plan that didn't involve shifting on Wayne Bennett in the way we did. I'd say if we let him have his final year, this situation we are currently in doesn't happen.

I agree with the sentiment, we need to not be reliant on him. Problem is we really need his influence and ability to attract players to the Broncos.We have zero star quality. Waynes just the logical choice right now to steady the ship. He doesnt need to be the coach, but he needs to be here in some capacity.
We had no star quality here last time he left too. It’s been awhile since his name alone was able to attract talent.

Wayne Bennett won't be coming back to "save" us and we only have ourselves to blame.

The way it was all handled, how Wayne was shown the door was an absolute disgrace to a legend of the club. It was a disaster and yes the media had plenty to do with it however Wayne won't ever come back which is a shame.

We are losing out on Wayne and Bellamy. LOL, it's hard to like our club at the moment.

Lead story in the Courier Mail.

"Speculation grows" aka one well known journalist running with a comment made months ago and completely manufacturing a story.

HScreenshot 2021 04 07 The Courier Mail Breaking News Headlines for Brisbane and Queensland Co
HScreenshot 2021 04 07 Broncos NRL Team The Courier Mail

We had no star quality here last time he left too. It’s been awhile since his name alone was able to attract talent.
Players want to play for Wayne. Even in his last spell players came here to sign for Brisbane purely because of Wayne Bennett. We arent attracting the real superstars like we used to, but there is even less chance of it without him here.

Players want to play for Wayne. Even in his last spell players came here to sign for Brisbane purely because of Wayne Bennett. We arent attracting the real superstars like we used to, but there is even less chance of it without him here.
It's worse than that. We lost our standout player of the trials to Nathan fucking Brown, a coach with a win/loss of 26% since 2016.

Meanwhile, this swap kid Turner is rejecting us, and we're fantasizing about players - like Moose - other clubs don't want, or aren't willing to pay what they're asking. And we're overpaying Lodge, who's too slow for the modern NRL, another player no one else wants.

It's worse than that. We lost our standout player of the trials to Nathan fucking Brown, a coach with a win/loss of 26% since 2016.

Meanwhile, this swap kid Turner is rejecting us, and we're fantasizing about players - like Moose - other clubs don't want, or aren't willing to pay what they're asking. And we're overpaying Lodge, who's too slow for the modern NRL, another player no one else wants.

I still reckon Lodge could come good. He needs to lose a few kilos. I remember watching him at Redcliffe and when he first came here and he's got the ability and skillset in this new modern game to excel. What we have to do is let him get himself right. We didnt do it last year and he played injured and at the moment. You are right in saying he is too slow at the moment to really thrive.

He rejected the deal we offered him there is a difference. If he wasn't interested in coming here negotiations would never have started.

I still reckon Lodge could come good. He needs to lose a few kilos. I remember watching him at Redcliffe and when he first came here and he's got the ability and skillset in this new modern game to excel. What we have to do is let him get himself right. We didnt do it last year and he played injured and at the moment. You are right in saying he is too slow at the moment to really thrive.
Well that would be real nice if he could "come good" given he's rumoured to be on $800k with a player option out to 2024.

Well that would be real nice if he could "come good" given he's rumoured to be on $800k with a player option out to 2024.

His rumoured to be on 700k ...

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.