RUMOUR Bennett to return to Red Hill?

He helped drive our club into the ground. Starting in the 2015 gf, kicking to touch with a 4 point lead and 30 minutes to go. then all the ridiculous contracts to plodders he Helped hand out (I know you will deny this btw, it was all louise’s fault). He is an nepostistic(for lack of a better word) has been who gives jobs to the boys these days. He can ply his trade elsewhere until he’s one eyed willy, we don’t need him back. Donaghy would be far better off poaching Bellamy.

It wasnt all Lanagan's fault, she just signs off on if we can afford the contract, i blame the people that couldnt out negotiate the player agents. That isnt Wayne tbf. They were getting screwed by agents when Wayne was here, and they were getting screwed by agents after Wayne left. That should at least give you a good idea that we cant negotiate contracts no matter who the coach is.

I'd love to see Donaghy get Bennett, but we both know thats never going to happen.

I dunno how you can blame him for kicking the ball into touch in the grand final. Thats really stretching your hatred a bit far. I wish i could be bothered to find the interview, but iirc i think it was Sam Thiaday who said that was never the plan. We lost that grand final because Macca didnt pass to Parker for an easy try and because Oates and Hunt cracked under pressure. Or if Hunt doesnt do that dangerous tackle, or if the ref gave the strip against Milf.

And here’s an article where he pretty much admits he did it for the money. Unless he meant he wanted his family to pull up stumps and move to Redfern of course.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/05/latrells-future-clouded-after-roosters-retract-contract-offer/
I reckon if it was totally about money, he would have taken the Tigers offer if it was true they offered him a $4 million deal.

I reckon if it was totally about money, he would have taken the Tigers offer if it was true they offered him a $4 million deal.
I always thought it was more about playing with walker tbh

He helped drive our club into the ground. Starting in the 2015 gf, kicking to touch with a 4 point lead and 30 minutes to go. then all the ridiculous contracts to plodders he Helped hand out (I know you will deny this btw, it was all louise’s fault). He is an nepostistic(for lack of a better word) has been who gives jobs to the boys these days. He can ply his trade elsewhere until he’s one eyed willy, we don’t need him back. Donaghy would be far better off poaching Bellamy.

With you right up to the poaching Bellamy reference ...

We shouldn't be poaching anyone for a coaching director role ... it's a stupid role, that never works at this level. This is particularly true, when the coaching director happens to be a former great coach. All that ends up happening is they butt heads with the head coach and wind up destabilising the whole club.

If your head coach needs someone to oversee them, the you have hired the wrong coach, pure and simple.

In our case, Kevvie has a good relationship with both Bennett and Bellamy, and if he needs advice, he can simply pick up the phone.

A few vermin fans worried if walker doesnt re sign Latrell will walk
I hope we sign them both.

With you right up to the poaching Bellamy reference ...

We shouldn't be poaching anyone for a coaching director role ... it's a stupid role, that never works at this level. This is particularly true, when the coaching director happens to be a former great coach. All that ends up happening is they butt heads with the head coach and wind up destabilising the whole club.

If your head coach needs someone to oversee them, the you have hired the wrong coach, pure and simple.

In our case, Kevvie has a good relationship with both Bennett and Bellamy, and if he needs advice, he can simply pick up the phone.

It worked out pretty good for Penrith in the long run.

It worked out pretty good for Penrith in the long run

Penrith reportedly had there own cap issues because of Gould ... and they didn't start playing good consistent footy until a couple of years after he left

Ummmm the corpse has his team at $4.40, whilst Broncos are $101 to win the premiership.
That's great.

What I'm specifically referring to is each time he leaves, the place turns into a basket case. We have to move past that and build a new culture.

Penrith reportedly had there own cap issues because of Gould ... and they didn't start playing good consistent footy until a couple of years after he left
They are without question clearly enjoying the fruits of success that Gould laid the platform for. Literally no one could deny this with a straight face and really believe it.

To try and deny that Gould was a raging success for the Panthers to suit your argument that Coaching Director's never work is a very poor hill to choose to die on indeed.

They are without question clearly enjoying the fruits of success that Gould laid the platform for. Literally no one could deny this with a straight face and really believe it.

To try and deny that Gould was a raging success for the Panthers to suit your argument that Coaching Director's never work is a very poor hill to choose to die on indeed.
Yeah I think people confuse the work he did with the lower grades as opposed to the first grade team.

Get the grassroots right and un-**** the head office and enjoy the fruits of that labor.

Bennett is purely a man-manager imo, who comes into an already good team and squeezes every bit of talent out of them. We need someone who knows how to re-build everything from the ground up.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.