BHQ Player of Finals Week 1

Who is your player of Finals Week 1? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reynolds, Haas, Carrigan.

I guess you have to go Reyno, Patty and Haas, but I’d love to be able to toss Hetherington in there too. The kicking game from Reynolds, both in general play and conversions, was just glorious. Was it 5 from 5, with a few from out wide?

credit to the whole team, the bounce, the coach and dare I say, the ref. One of the better performances from an official this year.

I threw Billy Walters into the mix because he was looking sharp and was keeping them honest in the middle with his runs. He quickly recovered from his errors too, forcing the line drop out which took us to 8-0 and broke Melbourne's spirit.

Have gone Reynolds, Payne and Kobe.

Reynolds was just phenomenal last night. Storm focussed on shutting Walsh down, but completely forgot about our little general who had the ball on a string all night.

The big men in the middle all deserve points, but I've gone Payne and Kobe.

I wanted to give Kobe some love for continuing the roll on when Payne was off and Patty was needing another helper in the middle... our bench was miles better than storm's and it was a massive reason we got the win. Storm just couldn't handle our momentum through the middle.

I've gone Payne over Patty... only because Payne was an absolute wrecking ball when he was out there. If he wasn't making 15m straight through the middle and also looking for quick ptb's, then he was popping up out wide and at one point popped an offload for Capewell and a near break. He was covering in defence, getting Paps and stopping a linebreak.

By the time he came back for his second stint it basically shut the gate on the game. Having a fresh Payne on the field with a big lead just means we aren't losing the middle and makes it so hard for the opposition to get themselves into position to try and get themselves back in the game.

Patty was obviously great as well, but as mentioned I wanted to give Kobe some love, for some big minutes in the middle whilst Payne was off and NAS was on the field.

I threw Billy Walters into the mix because he was looking sharp and was keeping them honest in the middle with his runs. He quickly recovered from his errors too, forcing the line drop out which took us to 8-0 and broke Melbourne's spirit.
I thought Walters had a shit stint. Quite a few pointless runs, one forward pass that could have been penalised for being intentional, plus a few that weren't called. The best thing he did was created space on the inside for Walsh, but instead of passing inside, he kicked wide.

I thought Walters had a shit stint. Quite a few pointless runs, one forward pass that could have been penalised for being intentional, plus a few that weren't called. The best thing he did was created space on the inside for Walsh, but instead of passing inside, he kicked wide.
Nah, he was good - easily out pointed Grant.

The best thing he did was created space on the inside for Walsh, but instead of passing inside, he kicked wide.
That space was only there because Harry Grant slipped over just as Billy was about to kick the ball while looking out wide to his outside men. Hardly a case of him making the wrong decision when it happened outside of his field of vision. We got 2 points out of it too, so seems like a pretty good decision to me.

The forward pass was a shocker and he threw one bad one that Reynolds who luckily caught it off his bootlaces, but you're just making up all those other ones that apparently the refs missed. Billy had the markers guessing and scrambling all night, not sure what pointless runs you are talking about.

Nah, he was good - easily out pointed Grant.
I'm loathe to dump shit on Grant or Munster, or credit individual Broncos. Munster and Grant, to name just two of the Storm, are individually the best in the business. But our entire team overpowered their entire team down to a man. Their spine was neutralized. Grant couldn't move. Munster got flustered. It was exactly what QLD did to NSW. We did a Grant and Munster on Grant and Munster.

I would have a hard time picking an Australian team right now.

Billy had one glaring error and then immediately made for it with a great kick. He was excellent and laid the platform for Smoothy to come on and bring it home. Our hooking rotation is a hidden weapon that no one else in the comp has with Luke out for the Panthers.

I'm loathe to dump shit on Grant or Munster, or credit individual Broncos. Munster and Grant, to name just two of the Storm, are individually the best in the business. But our entire team overpowered their entire team down to a man. Their spine was neutralized. Grant couldn't move. Munster got flustered. It was exactly what QLD did to NSW. We did a Grant and Munster on Grant and Munster.

Both Grant and Munster had a terrible game last night.

Grant was playing on emotion 90% of the game (on the back of Carrigans early efforts) and Munster is in a form slump without a doubt.
His air clutching double arm grab at Staggs was pathetic defending on your own line, and then he followed it up with a bloke 20 kilo's lighter than him muscling over the line with Munster as a passenger.

I kept waiting for them to pull off some arsey bullshit, but they just never did.

Billy had one glaring error and then immediately made for it with a great kick. He was excellent and laid the platform for Smoothy to come on and bring it home. Our hooking rotation is a hidden weapon that no one else in the comp has with Luke out for the Panthers.
Both Grant and Munster had a terrible game last night.

Grant was playing on emotion 90% of the game (on the back of Carrigans early efforts) and Munster is in a form slump without a doubt.
His air clutching double arm grab at Staggs was pathetic defending on your own line, and then he followed it up with a bloke 20 kilo's lighter than him muscling over the line with Munster as a passenger.

I kept waiting for them to pull off some arsey bullshit, but they just never did.
I think it was Reynold's captaincy that took them out of the game. He did this against Penrith in the first final in 2021, and almost pulled it off again in the Grand Final. He managed to neutralize one of the best halves we've ever seen, and he did it limping.

I think sometimes it's not that the player had a "bad game:" it's that they weren't allowed to have a good game. That's what Reynolds does for a living.

Munster has been hot garbage this year. For a guy who's likely on 1.5m it was awful. Reyno thoroughly outplayed him, sure Haas and Carrigan carrying the team make it easy for Reyno to look good but Munster gave away countless crucial penalties, kicked balls dead, horrible 5th tackle options. It was Milford like.

Munster has been hot garbage this year. For a guy who's likely on 1.5m it was awful. Reyno thoroughly outplayed him, sure Haas and Carrigan carrying the team make it easy for Reyno to look good but Munster gave away countless crucial penalties, kicked balls dead, horrible 5th tackle options. It was Milford like.
Even Bellamy gave us credit in the press conference. It was a gobsmacking performance by the whole team.

Again...
Confused Uh Oh GIF by Radio Silence

Voting is closed and with a total of 63 votes (91.3%), BHQ's Man of the Match for Finals Week 1 is Adam Reynolds.

NRL2023BHQMOTMFinalsWeek1

Patrick Carrigan coming second with 49 votes (71%), and Payne Haas coming third with 38 votes (55.1%).

LEADERBOARD AFTER FINALS WEEK 1

NRL2023BHQPOTYLeaderboardFinalsWeek1

Active Now

• Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Evander
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.