BHQ Player of Round 22

Who is your player of Round 22? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A sign of a genuinely great team is what we saw last night: where no one stood out as carrying the team on their back. Or maybe it's a sign of great captaincy. Whichever way this is a really great team, and no one stood out above all else. We were a brick wall in defence and a battering ram in attack.

Ironically, it might be easier to recall and point out the rare cracks in the wall than what held it together. So turning it upside down, I recall Reece chucking the ball over the sideline too many times, Selwyn caught napping, a comical kick from Patty, a couple too many clumsy play-the-balls and fumbles, and Tyson failing to leapfrog the ref. But at no time did I even consider we were under pressure.

Meanwhile, on the other side, I loved the sheer mongrel JWH and Collins brought to the field - something we kind of lack - whatever Pommy banter was going on between Herbie and Victor, and seeing Payne getting monstered for maybe the first time ever. But even more loved, despite how great these individuals were, it barely ruffled our feathers.

Billy is growing as a 9, and at times I thought he's getting pretty good - when he sticks to the basics - but I did think we lifted when Tyson replaced him, maybe if only because he had fresh legs. Right across the board, I wouldn't be at all concerned if this side, including the youngsters, played the Grand Final.

As for the man of the match, it probably should be Reynolds, who didn't do much you'd remember, but his leadership shouldn't be discounted. But that's not how this poll works. I'm giving my votes to Kotoni, Ezra and Patty. Or pretty much anyone. Pick another three.
That’s your finest article Pete 😆

Was at the game and have since watched the replay twice and am no closer to narrowing this down to just three players. Everyone deserves a vote, but let’s go with Reynolds, Carrigan and Mam.

On Nexma Lam - how good did he look after a few weeks being a bit flat. He came alive from the very first time he touched it, electric.

Was at the game and have since watched the replay twice and am no closer to narrowing this down to just three players. Everyone deserves a vote, but let’s go with Reynolds, Carrigan and Mam.
Agree ....hard to pick. I don't recall anyone in a Brisbane jersey playing poorly.

ARey and Patty are a given.

I'm gonna go Palasia for 3rd. I thought he was outstanding.......

Really liking Willison. Can't wait to see him mature and grow with confidence. Not sure if he has the same motor as Payne Hass, but
he looks a likely replacement.....and I'm not sure if we'd lose that much. Seems to be able to stretch/break the line continuously

A shout out to Billy Walters as well.......

He's just a couple brain cells/decision making away from being a truly good dummy half. He's starting to continuously make breaks

.....unfortunately he still shits himself whenever he finds himself in the clear.

Gave Walters some points because the Roosters were keeping us in our half often with their ridiculous line speed and his decision making when it came to running made us metres all night

A shout out to Billy Walters as well.......

He's just a couple brain cells/decision making away from being a truly good dummy half. He's starting to continuously make breaks

.....unfortunately he still shits himself whenever he finds himself in the clear.
Exactly. There are moments when I think he's becoming a bloody good dummy half, but then he gets in the clear and am reminded why he's probably more of a placeholder than a work in progress. I guess I've come as far as thinking we can win a grand final with him at 9, so that's something. I'd still like to see how we look with someone else starting. Just once, even.

I have always had a soft spot for good defensive players, but How good is it seeing hetherington snapping people in half? No carrying on or flexing afterwards like a twat, just lining up the next target.

Like gillmeister, not a big fella, he just knows how to hit.

Voting is closed and with a total of 51 votes (87.9%), BHQ's Man of the Match for Round 22 is Patrick Carrigan.

NRL2023BHQMOTMRound22

Ezra Mam coming second with 32 votes (55.2%), and Adam Reynolds coming third with 24 votes (41.4%).

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 22

NRL2023BHQPOTYLeaderboardRound22

Unread

Active Now

• lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rambstien
  • mieko
  • Gaz
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.