BHQ Player of Round 24

Who is your player of Round 24? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went Reynolds, Capewell and Patty.

Reynolds kicking game in the first half was ridiculous.... we were under the pump for the first 20mins, but he just kept finding space, kicked it over the winger's head to find space was awesome at the game... and to then get the first try by backing up through the middle. His kicking in the first half basically killed off Parra... could not even imagine what must've been going through their heads when they had us trapped in our 40m, but Reynolds punts it on 5th over the wingers head and we have them trapped inside the 15m

Capewell was just everywhere tonight and put in a perfect kick for the Reynolds try, but I feel Capewell has been great for several weeks now, and even back as far as him pushing into the middle to bring Piakura into the team. It's been a real team first mentality from him and he's showing his versatility across the squad. I wanted Capewell for so long and I'm glad that he's here.

Patty is similar to above where we just look so good with him in the middle.. and it's a combination of what he did last week as well as this week. He was busting them through the middle and if not for rushed finishing he sets up two tries in the first half. He is moving into best lock of the comp at the moment and I don't even think there's much bias in that.

I feel like his stint on the edge has invigorated him in the middle where he's just creating so much for his support runners... and then he's supporting through the middle for Reece to put him through holes. He's just becoming so so important to this team and it seems like he doesn't want to be anywhere else... I fucking love Patty!!!

We could've won by 60 tonight and I feel we didn't even get out of second gear.

bit late to the party but from what I saw it was Billy, Walsh and Reyno that stole the show for me, Carrigan just misses out but **** he was good too.

Billy is playing soo well if he can keep this up for next year he could be in discussion for 14 in Origin he has playing out of his skin.

Confused Uh Oh GIF by Radio Silence

Impossible to pick this week. I was delighted with Billy's progress. He has risen to the role in the last few weeks, but this match he really did look like a premiership capable hooker. That said, I think he would be better suited to coming on after Smoothy, but his old man seems to know what he's doing.

Billy's showing in the first half might've won him MOTM in previous weeks, but to be brutally fair even his blinder didn't outshine the rest of the spine. Walsh is already a superstar. Every time he gets the ball something magic happens. Or he ***** up. But he's improving in the latter. Our spine is on fire. Three pinpoint attempts at 40:20. Only Billy's failed.

In brief, as impressed as I was with Billy, the rest of the spine were better. I'm voting (in order)

Walsh, Reynolds, Mam.

If I had five more votes, I'd add:

Carrigan, Capewell, Walters, Farnworth, Mariner

Yeah I literally can't pick. Too many good games from players that it is unfair to leave others out. Haas, Carrigan & Reynolds were elite, but what about Mamm, Herbie? Capewell? WALTERS' BEST GAME EVER? Sorry, can't do it.

Reynolds
Carrigan
Capewell

Total team effort though. You can see that they all want to win and enjoy it with each other when they do. The guys that are leaving are probably still ok with their decisions, but there must be pangs of regret to be leaving this outstanding team environment.

They sure as hell entertained the crowd last night too and I have to say, I really enjoyed the games at the Gabba. Our seats were great and the food and grog outlets out on the big wide concourse are excellent. Also enjoyed seeing an inbred Eels fuckwit getting done by the coppers.

I have to say, I don’t think there’s a smarter dummy half runner in the game than Walters at the moment. He picks his runs perfectly and always makes 10-15m.

....and lets not forget his defence. I'd argue he's the best defensive hooker in the game. A couple early tackles he committed to last night was pure dominance and aggression.

Impossible to pick this week. I was delighted with Billy's progress. He has risen to the role in the last few weeks, but this match he really did look like a premiership capable hooker. That said, I think he would be better suited to coming on after Smoothy, but his old man seems to know what he's doing.

Billy's showing in the first half might've won him MOTM in previous weeks, but to be brutally fair even his blinder didn't outshine the rest of the spine. Walsh is already a superstar. Every time he gets the ball something magic happens. Or he ***** up. But he's improving in the latter. Our spine is on fire. Three pinpoint attempts at 40:20. Only Billy's failed.

In brief, as impressed as I was with Billy, the rest of the spine were better. I'm voting (in order)

Walsh, Reynolds, Mam.

I can't give any points to Reece. Waaay too many errors.

I can't give any points to Reece. Waaay too many errors.
He probably made 1 or 2 too many - considering every fullback makes a few each game - but he was also involved in almost every point we scored. He was our most influential player.

He probably made 1 or 2 too many - considering every fullback makes a few each game - but he was also involved in almost every point we scored. He was our most influential player.
I thought ARey was ........

I worried soon Reece's 'influence'
will cost us a game.

3. Reynolds (his kicking game was sublime, and single handedly prevented Parra getting the upper hand in the first half)
2. Walters
1. Walsh

May as well give points to 3/4 of the squad.

That's what i went with. although still felt wrong not to give points to Patty, Capes and Haas who were excellent last night IMO

Walsh, Reynolds, Mam.

No question Billy has had a great few weeks and this was his best game yet imo. His decision making has far improved and I especially like how he responds to offloads from others - gets in a position to receive them and then when he does he finds a man in a better position instantly. Nice work Billy.

He was great no doubt but I just couldn’t give him the biscuits today over guys who played the full 80

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rambstien
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.