BHQ Player of Round 27

Who is your player of around 27? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pick your three best players from Thursday’s match against Melbourne Storm and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes in 48 hours.

Sailor/Riki our best, then I'll go with Rogers just because he handled himself on debut. Nothing special but neither was anyone else.

3. Riki
2. Sailor
1. Flegs - thought he was decent when on.

Sailor, Riki, and Rogers.

Sailor is wasted not being in first grade, next year he has to be in our 17 somehow, he is a 2nd gen player broncos goat with tonnes of ability we owe it to him to find a spot tbh(this matters because he grew up wanting to play for us his whole life).

I see him as our Hynes when he was at storm he is far too good to not play regular first grade, 14 or find a spot for him that's what I see, a 2015 Nikorima role at minimum.

Sailor, Rogers and Flegler.

Sailor Riki and Rogers for not missing a goal!

same as everyone else. RIki tried hard and was effort all night. Sailor was rocks and diamonds - the rocks killed us basically but he was involved in some good I guess. Rogers looked ok in D and converted all our chances, didn't do much in attack tho.

That was a bit more difficult than normal to be honest. But was able to pick 3 in the end.

Between people rating Niu, Isaako, and now Sailor I have accepted that I must have extreme differences in views on what makes a good NRL fullback. I thought he played like absolute trash. Took the easy way out at every opportunity. He obviously was our only attacking threat last night but he was also the worst on ground in many other areas.

I gave Flegs a vote because he ripped in. Smoothy started strong but didn’t sustain it. 1 vote to Periera for just doing his job. Piakura had a crack but probably had too many brain snaps in defence to justify a vote.

I expected a lot more from guys like Oates, Arthurs, Palasia and Riki. Riki was one of the few guys who is meant to be a genuine NRL player in that game and he didn’t step up at all - Piakura again completely overshadowed him.

I can only assume people are voting Rogers based on his goal kicking because he didn’t do anything else?

Voting is closed and with a total of 24 votes (77.4%), BHQ's Man of the Match for Round 27 is Tristan Sailor.

NRL2023BHQMOTMRound27

Jordan Riki coming second with 20 votes (64.5%), and Josh Rogers coming third with 19 votes (61.3%).

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 27

NRL2023BHQPOTYLeaderboardRound27

Between people rating Niu, Isaako, and now Sailor I have accepted that I must have extreme differences in views on what makes a good NRL fullback. I thought he played like absolute trash. Took the easy way out at every opportunity. He obviously was our only attacking threat last night but he was also the worst on ground in many other areas.

There's a slither of substance to your view, but........you're waaaay over the top with your criticisms.

He did some very good things along with some very shit things.

There's a slither of substance to your view, but........you're waaaay over the top with your criticisms.

He did some very good things along with some very shit things.
Yeah never disputed that he pulled off some big plays. He was the only one offering anything in attack but he also had some very shit moments as you said

He definitely is not an NRL standard player at this point of his development

He definitely is not an NRL standard player at this point of his development
Interesting opinion. I think he'd find his feet at another club pretty quickly given the chance.

Interesting opinion. I think he'd find his feet at another club pretty quickly given the chance.
Not at fullback. Worst efforts and positioning I’ve seen since Niu

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Robboi_321
  • bb_gun
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Professor47
  • cento
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.