BHQ Player of Round Five

Who is your player of Round Five? (Pick 3)

• 1. Tesi Niu

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 2. Corey Oates

Votes: 48 88.9%
  • 3. Kotoni Staggs

Votes: 52 96.3%
  • 4. Herbie Farnworth

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 5. Selwyn Cobbo

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 6. Billy Walters

• 7. Adam Reynolds

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • 8. Keenan Palasia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9. Jake Turpin

• 10. Payne Haas

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • 11. Kurt Capewell

• 12. Jordan Riki

• 13. Kobe Hetherington

• 14. Ryan James

• 15. Corey Jensen

• 16. TC Robati

• 17. Billy Walters

• 18. Tyson Gamble (Reserve)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How was he organising the forwards? I didn't notice any change when he was on, I was looking forward to him being a threat from there and he didn't run the ball. I was pretty disappointed with Paix last night, and Turpin had a pretty decent game.

I wasn't disappointed with Paix, I thought he was solid but I do agree that Turps had a decent game. Aside from that one pass, he looked better than he has for ages. It was Paix's first game back in first grade and he was on with the benchies, so didn't have the excellent punch for a large part of his stint that Turps had with the starting 8, 10 and 13 all on.

I did think last night showed the value of Kobe at 13 instead of Patty. Kobe stiffens the defense and him and Turps were hurting Roosters from the get go. Kobe also doesn't overplay his hand which Patty does do at times.

Our defence looked very soft in the middle with paix and James on.

James technically had a better game tonight, even got 67 metres🤣. But those two penalties he got for us were golden, very good to finally get some soft penalties

I wasn't disappointed with Paix, I thought he was solid but I do agree that Turps had a decent game. Aside from that one pass, he looked better than he has for ages. It was Paix's first game back in first grade and he was on with the benchies, so didn't have the excellent punch for a large part of his stint that Turps had with the starting 8, 10 and 13 all on.

I did think last night showed the value of Kobe at 13 instead of Patty. Kobe stiffens the defense and him and Turps were hurting Roosters from the get go. Kobe also doesn't overplay his hand which Patty does do at times.
Agreed. I like Paix in the 14, and he needs to stay there. I look forward to him being brought on with Flegler, and seeing how he goes when we are on top.

Kobe should 100% remain our 13, I like his early footwork and defence, needs to show more of his passing game, even Palasia could be a show for 13 too as he has plenty of skill.

Farnworth - thought he handled Manu really well defensively, not to be sneezed at given Manu's form

Arey - centres the team. Sets up good shapes running deep into the line, what we have not had for years and years and years (and years).

Staggs - AT LAST. Shows he is every bit as good as Manu, just needs game time with the ball in hand which happened last night ... at long bloody last.

Farnworth - thought he handled Manu really well defensively, not to be sneezed at given Manu's form

Arey - centres the team. Sets up good shapes running deep into the line, what we have not had for years and years and years (and years).

Staggs - AT LAST. Shows he is every bit as good as Manu, just needs game time with the ball in hand which happened last night ... at long bloody last.
Staggs isn't close to Manu. Manu is a top performer every single game he plays.

Of course he is. Staggs would be even better if his last 3 seasons were with the Rorters.
That is just so wrong. Manu is better than Staggs in pretty much every way. Staggs has him on brute strength, that's about it.

Move Manu to fullback fulltime, and he is a top 5 fullback. Move him to 6, and he's top 2.

That is just so wrong. Manu is better than Staggs in pretty much every way. Staggs has him on brute strength, that'sthen about it.

Move Manu to fullback fulltime, and he is a top 5 fullback. Move him to 6, and he's top 2.

Joey does look the part doesn't he. Tall, handsome, flashy Rorter .... Anyway, I checked their stats across all categories. Seemed to me they were very close. Not much difference at all.

I'll take either

Manu is more consistent, but when it comes to ability there isn't much between the two at their best.

Manu is more slick in his style of play, whereas Staggs is more brute strength.

If Staggs was more consistent, he would be up there as the most damaging centre in the game. But he really struggles in that department and it's a shame because his ceiling is high.

Well if the ability ceiling is similar, and one performs to that ability every week, and the other does it once a month, I know who I'd consider the better player.

Well if the ability ceiling is similar, and one performs to that ability every week, and the other does it once a month, I know who I'd consider the better player.

Every week is a bit of a stretch.

Good player, but Manu has issues with consistency as well.

Every week is a bit of a stretch.

Good player, but Manu has issues with consistency as well.
He really doesn't though. Sure he might not be in the headlines because one of the other Roosters superstars dominated the game, but I can't recall watching too many poor games from him. On the other hand, half of this forum wanted Staggs in reserve grade a week ago.

Voting is closed and with a total of 52 votes (96.3%), BHQ's Man of the Match for Round 5 is Kotoni Staggs.

NRLRound5MOTMKotoniStaggs

Corey Oates coming second with 48 votes (88.9%), and Adam Reynolds coming third with 38 votes (70.4%).

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 5

1. Payne Haas138
2. Herbie Farnworth135
3. Corey Oates111
4. Albert Kelly82
5. Patrick Carrigan79
6. Adam Reynolds60
7. Kotoni Staggs55
8. Kurt Capewell37
9. Billy Walters25
10. Selwyn Cobbo15
11. Keenan Palasia13
12. Kobe Hetherington7
13. Jake Turpin5
14. Tesi Niu4
15. Jordan Riki3
16. Thomas Flegler3
17. Jamayne Isaako2
18. Ryan James2
19. TC Robati2
20. Brendan Piakura0
21. Brenko Lee0
22. Corey Jensen0
23. Cory Paix0
24. David Mead0
25. Delouise Hoeter0
26. Ezra Mam0
27. Jordan Pereira0
28. Logan Bayliss0
29. Rhys Kennedy0
30. Te Maire Martin0
31. Tyrone Roberts0
32. Tyson Gamble0
33. Xavier Willison 0

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Locky24
  • Mustafur
  • bb_gun
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.