BHQ Player of Round Nine

Who is your player of Round Nine? (Pick 3)

• 3. Kotoni Staggs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6. Tyson Gamble

• 9. Billy Walters

• 12. Jordan Riki

• 14. Cory Paix

• 15. Rhys Kennedy

• 17. Keenan Palasia

• 18. Brenko Lee (Reserve)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3. Oates
2. Reynolds
1. Flegler

Oates was immense tonight, between the opportunities he had to score and the metres he was eating out of our end, he barely edged out Reynolds for ultimately deciding that game. Surprised by Flegler. Came off the bench, gave away nothing stupid and bent the line with every hitup.

It's a corner turning moment for this side.

Anyone could of got the points tonight so was a hard one
Kobe - he had Murray's number and rattled him nearly everytime, Souths attack revolves alot around Murray having him rattled and looking for Kobe deserves some praise. Had some strong carries aswell.
Carrigan - coming back from injury he was massive, ran with purpose and added something with some nice offloads.
Flegler - came on and brang the type of aggression we want him to bring, also brought some good offloads and had some strong carries. Is becoming the player we want him to be.

3 - Patty
2 - Oates
1 - Flegler

Patty was immense on return, played himself into an origin jersey.
Oates must be the first winger to have more try assists for his centre after 8 rounds than the other way around?
Flegler showing his talent with no stupidity.

3 - Patty
2 - Oates
1 - Flegler

Patty was immense on return, played himself into an origin jersey.
Oates must be the first winger to have more try assists for his centre after 8 rounds than the other way around?
Flegler showing his talent with no stupidity.
You know - I had the feeling tonight, we may actually lose a few boys to origin duty this year.

Cobbo, Staggs, Patty - possibly Hetherington or Fleggs likely not both.

I think Hetherington is likely due to his defense. He slaughtered Cam Murray tonight who almost certainly will be in their squad. Good starchy defenders are few and far between for QLD at the moment.

You know - I had the feeling tonight, we may actually lose a few boys to origin duty this year.

I think Hetherington is likely due to his defense. He slaughtered Cam Murray tonight who almost certainly will be in their squad. Good starchy defenders are few and far between for QLD at the moment.
Kobe is 0% chance of origin. QLD lock will be Tino and he has about 8 blokes ahead of him for a bench spot.

Kobe is 0% chance of origin. QLD lock will be Tino and he has about 8 blokes ahead of him for a bench spot.
He's my smokey.

Papalii and Tino are certain starters barring injury.

Welch is gone for the year - so Arrow probably runs on in his place.

For the bench, we'd likely carry 3 - which you'd have to think would be

Patty, McGuire .. maybe, Collins ... maybe, Hess... maybe?

I don't think the path in front of him is as distant as you're making out. We lack depth in seriously good middles.

Depends on how aggressive Billy goes with form over incumbents, I think Kobe is close to a bench spot personally but right now he is an extended squad level player, his hooker background means his ballplaying as a lock is right up there but he is still quite new plus he isn't a big minutes player, compared to Tino for example who is comparable somewhat to Haas.

Fleggs is different, he would be brought on as a impact aggressive prop, he is like Napa of old so what they require of him is a more simple role and even though I think he isn't as good he might be higher on the pecking order because of it.

I think Patty will be picked, Oates as well and if I was fittler I would be even having Rey as a 2 playmaker halves combo with Cleary, but given on recent comments he made where he incorrectly thinks Reynolds isn't playing better then he was at Souths(like what gymnastics in your mind can come to this wrong conclusion) there is no chance he is picking him for that role(thank **** because having him in the origin depleted rounds is basically as easy W).

Staggs I think has it, talk of Crighton isn't that strong and because Turbo can basically play anywhere from 1 to 6 no issue I don't think he will focus on what side centre they play.

QLD were the losing side last year and tbh most recognise we lack quality so we could get some surprises on picks though, which may bring Cobbo in the mix.

Also Capewell is easily a starter for backrow, at worst bench but he is getting picked I would bet the house on that.

Carrigan, Reynolds, Flegler. Could have named 12 or 13 blokes though.

Watched the Mini just now and geez we didn't have a bad player. No Haas, Staggs barely involved: our 2 nominally best players apart from Reynolds. They just clicked. TC Robati deserves praise for the way he started the game with Carrigan, just everywhere.

He's my smokey.

I don't think the path in front of him is as distant as you're making out. We lack depth in seriously good middles.
8. Papalii
10. Fotuaika
11. Capewell
12. Kaufusi
13. Tino

Bench forwards will be 3 of Carrigan, Flegler, Arrow, Molo and Collins. Kobe really isn't close.

8. Papalii
10. Fotuaika
11. Capewell
12. Kaufusi
13. Tino

Bench forwards will be 3 of Carrigan, Flegler, Arrow, Molo and Collins. Kobe really isn't close.
Out of that bench,

Molo has bad history... unsure he'll get the nod. Ever.

Fleggs has not had a lot of game time.

He's likely next in line so may be in the squad at least barring one more injury and he'll be on the bench.

Qld will never have anywhere near as many players to choose from as NSW. Hetherington obviously isn't in a fully fit Maroons team but he will not be as far away as some would suggest. Lose 4 or 5 middles, which given the nature of the sport is always possible, he would definitely be under consideration.

Out of that bench,

Molo has bad history... unsure he'll get the nod. Ever.

Fleggs has not had a lot of game time.

He's likely next in line so may be in the squad at least barring one more injury and he'll be on the bench.
Molo played last year, so he's definitely a chance.

He's my smokey.

I think in regards to that smaller bustling middle Kobe is also competing with Reuben Cotter who has jumped a few levels ahead thanks to the game last week.

I am really impressed with fleglers defence. He previously did a lot of jersey grabbing and trying to drag players, or arm tackles but last night he was hitting with the shoulder and hurting people.

I hope he keeps that up. If he does, between him, kobe and carrigan can put a shot on too, we may get that fear factor.

Hetherington is known for his defence, but his hit ups have been very good. He runs for the gaps, finds his front and gets a quick play the ball for the next runner. Although he may not accrue the metres, the runner for the next hit up reaps the benefits.

I am really impressed with fleglers defence. He previously did a lot of jersey grabbing and trying to drag players, or arm tackles but last night he was hitting with the shoulder and hurting people.

I hope he keeps that up. If he does, between him, kobe and carrigan can put a shot on too, we may get that fear factor.

Hetherington is known for his defence, but his hit ups have been very good. He runs for the gaps, finds his front and gets a quick play the ball for the next runner. Although he may not accrue the metres, the runner for the next hit up reaps the benefits.
Great observation too. Watching Kobe do superman dives into the gap so he ensures he lands on his front is great to watch. The fact his style almost eliminates the wrestle as well suggests he not only has courage in spades he also has a bit of footy nous.

His quiet unassuming demeanor is also perfect for the silent assassin role. Cam Murray will be praying Kobe is not on the roster when the origin teams are announced.

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.