BHQ Player of Round Seventeen

Who is your player of Round Seventeen? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pick your three best players from Sunday’s match against St George Illawarra Dragons and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Monday afternoon.

3 - Kobe - Pumped out huge minutes in the middle and set up the key try that broke their back
2 - Hoeter - Safe as houses under the high ball against a noted leaper in Lomax. Made a ton of meters out of our end and got two tries
1 - Hosking - Got through a fuckton of work and played 80mins... great great effort from a guy coming in for his debut in a high stakes game

Honourable mention to Staggs... we needed a big game from him and he delivered

Kobe
Ezra
Kotoni

A much better second half from Tesi. Actually, a much better second half all round.
Solid debut from Hoskings. Pereira and Hoeter show we have plenty of depth on the wings.

Wasn't a great game, but it was a great win. I'll take the latter every time.

Niu would have been MOM if not for like 3-4 really, really dumb errors. I reckon Pereira was just as good, if not better, that Hoeter, with tough carries and diffusals, he just wasn't the one on the end falling over the line (still agree Del had a great game).

Hetherington & Staggs got my other votes. Hetherington is just so completely different to most forwards out there in that he's not overly big or strong, but just knows how to use footwork and angles to move the defence around. And that's just in attack, in defence he is a hitman.

3 - Hetherington
2 - Palasia
1 - Walters

Honourable mentions to everyone else.

I gave the point to Walters because that is no mean feat to play 74 minutes and he was leading pretty much every kick chase and tackling everywhere on the field.

I would have liked to give Mam a point for some of his backing up and that try was real x-factor stuff, but the way he handled Su'a in defence put a real smile on my old kipper. He's quietly mapping out his future to forwards that he is not the half to run at. I mean that surface to air missile (SAM) attack he put on last week was sensational. I'm sure the journos missed a Mam the SAM headline there.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • theshed
  • pennywisealfie
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.