BHQ Player of Round Twelve

Who is your player of Round Twelve? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ezra for his defence on Fifita and the pass to Oates just got him ahead of TMM for the points.
Herbie and Oates, both do the dirty work and are pulling off some flashy plays aswell. Oates is playing his best footy and Herbie is constantly improving areas of his game week by week.

3 - Martin
2 - Mam
1 - Oates

SM - Gamble

Ezra, Te Maire, Corey.

Kevvie has a tough decision ahead of him. At some point, and the sooner the better, he has to pair Mam with Reynolds and move on from Tyson, who would rightly feel he's earned his place. It's going to be one of those rip off the bandaid moments we have to have.

Meanwhile at dummy half, it's working, but still subpar. The Paix/Walters combo is getting the job done, but that's where we might need to spend some money. At the expense of the coach's son.

On he plus side, it might be the only position we need to spend money.

Ezra, Te Maire, Corey.

Kevvie has a tough decision ahead of him. At some point, and the sooner the better, he has to pair Mam with Reynolds and move on from Tyson, who would rightly feel he's earned his place. It's going to be one of those rip off the bandaid moments we have to have.

Meanwhile at dummy half, it's working, but still subpar. The Paix/Walters combo is getting the job done, but that's where we might need to spend some money. But at the expense of the coach's son.
If we can make do with this combo for another season and spend the money elsewhere we will have Mozer coming through at a fairly bargain price.

Billy could really do himself a huge favour and pay for some one on one coaching with a sprint coach. Time after time he spots a gap and goes for it but he's just a half metre too slow off the mark at the moment to exploit those opportunities.

Maybe do some beach sprinting. :happy:

Ezra, Te Maire, Corey.

Meanwhile at dummy half, it's working, but still subpar. The Paix/Walters combo is getting the job done, but that's where we might need to spend some money. At the expense of the coach's son.

On he plus side, it might be the only position we need to spend money.
Completely agree in both regards. Tyson has been serviceable and while we’re winning he’s hard to drop but we are potentially blooding a new young half (Mam), fullback(Cobbo), and hooker (Mozer) over the next few seasons and you have to get the timing right, especially with Reynolds retirement pending.

Martin buys us time with the fullback decision but I think you’d want Mam with as much experience as possible before Reynolds or even Capewell finish up.

Paix has been great imo but he can’t play more than 60 minutes. While I respect his efforts, Walters is very flawed at Hooker. As you said, he would be the first player replaced if I went to market.

A moment I loved was when Mam laid on that amazing pass or one of the other moments he did something, Gamble was straight there almost in tears of joy bear hugging him. I love Gamble so much. He isn’t stupid, he’s be aware this kid is a massive threat to his starting gig but he’s there embracing the kid. I love the spirit of this team…well except Haas.

A moment I loved was when Mam laid on that amazing pass or one of the other moments he did something, Gamble was straight there almost in tears of joy bear hugging him. I love Gamble so much. He isn’t stupid, he’s be aware this kid is a massive threat to his starting gig but he’s there embracing the kid. I love the spirit of this team…well except Haas.
Mam's try, gamble is there hugging the kid

Oates, cobbo and Paix.

I Probably would have given haas a point for that 2nd half but he is dead to me. Paix gets it for his crisp service, he’s a breath of fresh air, if he started we probab wouldn’t have to come back from 20 points down.

Ezra for his defence on Fifita and the pass to Oates just got him ahead of TMM for the points.
Herbie and Oates, both do the dirty work and are pulling off some flashy plays aswell. Oates is playing his best footy and Herbie is constantly improving areas of his game week by week.
Is a Mam & Reynolds partnership looming large...?? Not knocking Tyson...he's been as about as good as he can be.....but Ezra offers more in attack

and it certainly appears we won't lose anything in defence with him.....

Looks very capable of the step up to the NRL.

Is a Mam & Reynolds partnership looming large...?? Not knocking Tyson...he's been as about as good as he can be.....but Ezra offers more in attack

and it certainly appears we won't lose anything in defence with him.....

Looks very capable of the step up to the NRL.
It's a tough one
Mam has shown he is capable and ready, he's had quiet first halfs in both games but really come into his own in the seconds, his defence has been good and he provides abit more flair then Tyson.
Tyson seemed to be getting better at playing in the 6 before Reynolds got injured and had led the team around in Adams absence. I think he brings more to this team then what us at home can see.

If we loose Adam 20 mins into a game we know Tyson will take the reins
If we didn't have good players in the 13 I'd say keep them both and put Tyson in the 13.
I'd be keeping Tyson for now.
Have Mam ready gives us the luxury to rest Reno and bring Mam straight in when needed.

I know they did not necessarily rack up the metres, tackle busts and line breaks etc, but if TMM, gamble and capewell don't play, we dont win.

Where last year we would often panic, their maturity helped us come back in the second half. Instead of panicking and trying to play catch up footy, they kept the team calm and trusted the process. They played high percentage football and worked to maintain field position and knew the titans would break.

I'm very happy with the recruitment the broncos did this off-season and we are now seeing the benefits of having more mature and experienced players in our squad.

Gamble, TMM and Oates

It could’ve been about 10 different combinations, which is a great sign for the team

You've got 24 hours to get your votes in.

Te Maire Martin with a big lead and he's one player that has barely any photos from the other night so creating the graphic will be difficult.

One hour to get your votes in.

Voting is closed and with a total of 49 votes (76.6%), BHQ's Player of Round 12 is Te Maire Martin.

NRLRound12MOTMTeMaireMartin

Ezra Mam coming second with 33 votes (51.6%), and Corey Oates coming third with 26 votes (40.6%).

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 12

1. Adam Reynolds359
2. Corey Oates272
3. Selwyn Cobbo223
4. Herbie Farnworth184
6. Patrick Carrigan180
6. Payne Haas172
7. Kotoni Staggs168
8. Te Maire Martin100
9. Albert Kelly82
10. Kurt Capewell56
11. Corey Jensen43
12. Kobe Hetherington41
13. Tyson Gamble41
14. Cory Paix37
15. Ezra Mam36
16. Thomas Flegler33
17. Billy Walters28
18. Keenan Palasia20
19. Jordan Riki12
20. TC Robati8
21. Jake Turpin6
22. Rhys Kennedy6
23. Tesi Niu4
24. Jamayne Isaako2
25. Ryan James2
26. Brendan Piakura0
27. Brenko Lee0
28. David Mead0
29. Delouise Hoeter0
30. Jordan Pereira0
31. Logan Bayliss0
32. Tyrone Roberts0
33. Xavier Willison0

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.