BHQ Player of Round Two

Who is your player of Round Two? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pick your three best players from Sunday night's match against Canterbury Bulldogs and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Monday afternoon.

1 - Haas
2 - Herbie
3 - Kelly

Honorable mentions to Oates and Reynolds

Herbie, Albert and Haas. Special mention to Oates and Carrigan.

K. Walters
Donaghy
Ikin

Seriously.

They haven’t made wholesale changes (like the Bulldogs have by swapping out most of their roster), but the changes they have made have improved the squad, it’s balance and at the same time, seem to be helping to lift every player around them, finally getting some of our players to start playing to their potential.

We’ve always had players with decent potential, we’ve just had shit players in the spine to support them and absolutely no leadership to help them navigate through the challenges of being an NRL player.

1. Farnworth - He worked hard out of our end all night but he also got the biscuits so that counts for a lot.
2. Kelly - I put him second mostly for his try assist. But, easily the most natural footy player in our team. We’ve had nothing like him since maybe the first couple years of milf. And even milf was slightly more athlete than natural footy talent. It feels like we’ve been trading in athletes as a team for a while and its so good having someone like Jelly again. I can put up with a few mistakes because he will back himself more often than not. Also, you may have been missing it but he sneaky bends at the hips and hits like brick shit house a lot of the time.
3. Oates - Again, just worked really hard all night out of our end and got a biscuit.

1. Albert - finally, we have a genuine five eighth. Must stay there.
2. Herbie - 2 solo tries, excellent defence. Still think he's a winger, not a centre. Maybe switch with Cobbo.
3. Jordan - 50 tackles (Capewell 39, Turpin 39, Pangai 12)

I watched the replay and it almost seemed like Kelly was playing from the future. It wasn't just his last play, he was covering over regularly on half breaks like he knew what was going to happen. It was freakish.

1 -Herbie.. best player last night by a bit. I think his first try changed the whole game as we were definitely under pressure and he stood up.
His defence holding up their winger until help came was also a defining moment i think. And as always he was dangerous with ball in hand.

2- Kelly..I thought he also had some game changing moments as well with that kick to set up Oates for his try and that last minute play. His combination with Reyno will only get better with time. His defence overall was pretty strong.

3- Oates..had another good game i thought..his carries out from our line were crucial and his hands have definitely improved, although he worries me when he takes catches from the kick-offs. His only blemish was dropping that cross field kick but to be fair it was a great leap and he was under huge pressure and he probably saved a try..

1. Herbie - his best game of his broncos career
2. Haas
3. Kelly

CM's Greg Davis Player Ratings - without the dorky comments:

1. Tesi Niu – 5
2. Corey Oates – 7.5
3. Kotoni Staggs – 7
4. Herbie Farnworth – 8.5
5. Selwyn Cobbo – 5.5
6. Albert Kelly – 8
7. Adam Reynolds – 8

8. Keenan Palasia – 6.5
9. Jake Turpin – 6.5
10. Payne Haas – 7.5
11. Kurt Capewell – 6.5
12. Jordan Riki – 6.5
13. Patrick Carrigan – 7

14. Ryan James – 5.5
15. Kobe Hetherington – 6
16. T.C. Robati – 5
17. Billy Walters – 6

I think he was a bit stingy with Palasia and Riki's points, and over generous with Staggs, but the rest are a fair call.
If you read his comments you'll discount everything else. Here's Billy:

"Finally thrown into the game with 25 minutes to go after threatening to boycott Father’s Day BBQ plans later this year. Made an impact with his running game out of dummy-half with 47 metres from four darts after replacing Jake Turpin. Shapes as the long-term “No.14” which is what the cool kids say when they mean interchange utility. And besides, he was wearing No.17."​
And Kotoni:
"Just catch it and fall over, bro. Butchered a try when he dropped the ball over the line after Reynolds’ tunnel ball pass that kids will be attempting on playgrounds all over Brisbane this week. Starved of attacking chances outside that. Did a David Copperfield by appearing out of nowhere to deny Burton a try in the first half (Copperfield’s greatest trick remains being Claudie Schiffer’s boyfriend for a period of time). Gave away a penalty for taking out Josh Addo-Carr (can’t blame him for that, he asks for it). Heavily involved in defence with 21 tackles to go with five runs."​

Unread

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • I bleed Maroon
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Dee
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Locky24
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.