BHQ Poll Results - Broncos

Is Anthony Milford serious? How dare he aspire to be a Five-Eighth like Lockyer, he'll play Fullback to accommodate for Ben Barba, our one true saviour!

What a ****! Is it too late for him to stay in Canberra

So you would assume "further down the track" doesn't mean "in 6 months".

like some of us have been saying, he should keep playing at fullback to develop his playmaking and defensive skills before transitioning to the halves if thats where it looks like he should be. worked out pretty well for a certain other fullback come five-eighth we had.

and Lockyer DID NOT move into the 6 jersey in his 3rd year of first grade, he moved there in 2004, his 9th season of first grade.

I also think Lockyer is a more natural 5/8 than Milford, why rush Milford, he can do everything he could at 5/8 from the back just with more room to move. we need someone to do a job at 5/8 until taylor or Jikorima are ready for first grade.

forgetting all of that, this poll was never about where Milford wants to play or WB wants him to play, it was about where WE think he should play, and the overwhelming result was fullback.

I would be interested to see if any of the people who now say he should play 5/8 (thanks to comments from WB) originally said in this poll that Milford should be fullback

I'd happily see Milford play fullback, it's probably where he'll have the most impact at this stage of his career, we'd be utilizing his speed much better at fullback whilst giving him the freedom to do what he wants.

That's what I would say if we had someone better than Ben Barba to play Five-Eighth, and since Taylor & Jikorima are still developing and haven't had any experience playing against men, that leaves only one person.

It's absolutely necessary that Milford adapts to Five-Eighth, and quickly. Barba would be lucky to be depth at the Five-Eighth position on a premiership contender after last seasons performance, he'll take what we give him or he'll go stink for a Sydney team.

That's what I would say if we had someone better than Ben Barba to play Five-Eighth, and since Taylor & Jikorima are still developing and haven't had any experience playing against men, that leaves only one person.

It's absolutely necessary that Milford adapts to Five-Eighth, and quickly. Barba would be lucky to be depth at the Five-Eighth position on a premiership contender after last seasons performance, he'll take what we give him or he'll go stink for a Sydney team.
I seem to remember people justifying Perry and Wallaces positions in the team on the face that we had Lockyer so we didn't need anything more than a person in a jersey to pass the ball to lockyer, yet now someone as good as Barba isnt even worth giving a go? He set up more tries at 5/8th last year than Wallace and Perry did in their entire careers.

It's absolutely necessary that Milford adapts to Five-Eighth
bullshit. horseshit. all the shits.

Personally I don't think Barba is anywhere near a good enough option as a five eight. But I disagree that the imperative had to be on Milford to be a five eight.

Regardless, if I haven't done so already, once I get home I will post the where should Ben Barba play? Poll results.

He set up more tries at 5/8th last year than Wallace and Perry did in their entire careers.

T9IP3Eg.gif

I'm so laughing my head off... :rofl:

Results BW:

Should we sign Boyd? **** no, only if he doesn't play in the spine!
Where should Milford play? Fullback is clearly his position!

Results AW:

Should we sign Boyd? **** yeah, absolutely! He's the best thing at fullback since Lockyer, and Barba stinks.
Where should Milford play? 5/8 obviously, duhh. Barba isn't even worth a reserve spot and we now have Boyd, our savior!

P.S. BW = Before Wayne; AW = After Wayne

I like how all of a sudden all you have to do to be a suitable Five-Eighth at the Broncos is outplay Shane Perry :lol:

These anti-Boyd agendas are getting out of hand, people are starting to lose it.

I seem to remember people justifying Perry and Wallaces positions in the team on the face that we had Lockyer so we didn't need anything more than a person in a jersey to pass the ball to lockyer, yet now someone as good as Barba isnt even worth giving a go? He set up more tries at 5/8th last year than Wallace and Perry did in their entire careers.

bullshit. horseshit. all the shits.
I am going to agree with you on the Perry and Wallace comment

I'm so laughing my head off... :rofl:

Results BW:

Should we sign Boyd? **** no, only if he doesn't play in the spine!
Where should Milford play? Fullback is clearly his position!

Results AW:

Should we sign Boyd? **** yeah, absolutely! He's the best thing at fullback since Lockyer, and Barba stinks.
Where should Milford play? 5/8 obviously, duhh. Barba isn't even worth a reserve spot and we now have Boyd, our savior!

P.S. BW = Before Wayne; AW = After Wayne

Excuse me for my ignorance but WTF does the Boyd comment in here have to do with a vote on where Milford should play unless it is just another chance to stick the boot into Boyd.
I respect your view that Milford should play fullback and there are many valid reasons why he should but in my opinion he is best for us at 5/8

Excuse me for my ignorance but WTF does the Boyd comment in here have to do with a vote on where Milford should play unless it is just another chance to stick the boot into Boyd.
I respect your view that Milford should play fullback and there are many valid reasons why he should but in my opinion he is best for us at 5/8
Do you realise which thread this is? :rolleyes:

Maybe you should check post #40 in this thread to understand the relevance of my comment...

Last edited:
Do you realise which thread this is? :rolleyes:

Maybe you should check post #40 in this thread to understand the relevance of my comment...
My apologies Porthoz, I thought we had moved on to post 43
I know it is the BHQ Poll Results thread

I would have loved to see the results had Wayne Bennett said Milford was definitely the starting 5/8, before the poll happened. I'm pretty confident in saying that it would have been reversed
Not sure how it would reverse as I can only see 3 or 4 arguing boots and all for Boyd.

I like how all of a sudden all you have to do to be a suitable Five-Eighth at the Broncos is outplay Shane Perry :lol:

These anti-Boyd agendas are getting out of hand, people are starting to lose it.

Whilst I agree they are getting out of hand, saying that Ben Barba is a good five eight is no worse or more inaccurate than the people trying to claim that Bennett doesn't prefer Boyd.

When I did these questions, they were more for curiosity. I never expected the results to have the sort of interest they do now.

1415385393.png

For the record, I voted five-eight. With Boyd here, I'd rather we just released him. And were Boyd not here, I'd only keep Barba at five eight until such time I was convinced Taylor could do okay (not even great, just passable) and the have Hunt at 6 and Taylor at 7.

In total, 35 votes, 27 for five-eight, 3 for fullback, 2 for bench or release and 1 for halfback.

Shane perry was on free refills at the clubs bar and suddenly he is being compared to a previous dally m player It's like taking a taxi and complaining your not getting a limousine

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Kev_Guz
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • Browny
  • IceWorks
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Financeguy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Howie
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.