BHQ's best ever Broncos team - Second Rowers

The two best ever second rowers for the Brisbane Broncos are... (choose TWO)

• Gene Miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trevor Gillmeister

• Sam Thaiday

• Brad Thorn

• Gorden Tallis

• Brad Meyers

• Carl Webb

• David Stagg

• Other (specify)

• Total voters
M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We've got 1-10 of the team sorted, so who should wear the #11 and #12 in our best ever Broncos team?

Now this was a hard one, Tallis was an automatic pick for me, outstanding in the secondrow and its a damn shame about that neck injury because he would have ended his career just as strong, still considering he did well to carry on even if his confidence took a beating. Out of the rest it came down to Thorn, Gillmeister and Cann and that was such a hard choice but in the end I believe Thorn deserves the other secondrow spot, this was probably the hardest choice for me as both Gillmeister and Cann had their right to the position as well but I feel Thorn always delivered when he played there.

Couldn't go past Thorn and Tallis, simply because they teamed up for 4 and 3 premierships respectively.

Gillmeister and Cann also tweaked interest from me. Gilly especially should be a contender for the bench I hope.

Tallis as my #1 pick along with most others here, and he's also going to be my choice for the captain of this team.

The other spot was tough to pick, but I went with Gilly JUST shaving out Thorn. In saying that, though, Thorn will be one of my first bench spots picked if he misses out here.

I went with Tallis and Gilly.

I wasn't ever really a big Tallis fan but he is definately the first picked here. The other one was hard and in the end I went for Alan Cann. Somebody stop him! He'll run out of the stadium!

Thorn and Tallis - the best second row combination from the best team of the last 20 years at least.

Jeba said:
Somebody stop him! He'll run out of the stadium!

Still gives me chivers up my spine when I see that footage and commentary. Remember jumping for joy when he scored that try

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.