BHQ's Best Ever Broncos Team - Wingers

The two best ever wingers of all time for the Broncos are...

• Total voters
M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You know the drill... but this time you have TWO selections, so use them wisely. Who should be on the wings in our Best ever Broncos team of all time? This poll/discussion will run for a week

Carne just misses out here IMO, and is slightly unlucky. I can't go past Sailor and Hancock - both for their longevity, consistent results and great service to the club. Carne misses by a whisker.

Lote would have easily been my top pick if he'd remained with the club for even another 2 years or so.

I'm with you Mick, I just don't think you can go past Sailor and Hancock, they provided the best consistent results on the wing for the longest period, as for Tuqiri I dunno Mick even if he did stay longer I dunno if he would be my top pick, I'd have to see how he performed for the length of time Sailor and Hancock did before I would make that call.

Hancock. Not many players will stick around and fight for their spot like Mick did. A true club man.

As for the other. It's either Carne or Sailor. Dell is a whicker ahead of Carne but if Willie had stayed like Mick I would have picked him.

Sailor and Carne for me, I haven't seen a more talented winger than Carne.

The Rock said:
Sailor and Hancock purely because of their consistency over a long period of time.

Agreed. Carne is unlucky but you can't go past Sailor and Hancock for this exact reason.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but FFS how Tuqiri can be pulling twice as many votes as Carne shows how young most people here are. Carne was so bloody good for more years than Tuqiri, but so many here probably never saw Carne at his best from 1991-1994 (it was 1994 he had his first major head knock and was never the same afterwards).

Coxy said:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but FFS how Tuqiri can be pulling twice as many votes as Carne shows how young most people here are. Carne was so bloody good for more years than Tuqiri, but so many here probably never saw Carne at his best from 1991-1994 (it was 1994 he had his first major head knock and was never the same afterwards).

+1 The guy was a freak, better at finding the try line than probably any other winger i have ever seen. Very sad what happened to his career.

I grew up watching Sailor and Hancock when they ripped it apart...

Tuqiri was the bomb though but his career was so short and didn't have the greatest consistency... awesome in some origin games though...but since its the broncos...

Coxy said:

TBH, I think it's worse that Folau has pulled in one-third of the number of votes of Carne. After one relatively lacklustre season.

Carne is forever the king of catching the cross-kick. I loved watching that bloke almost knock himself out every time he went up for the ball.

I couldn't vote for Sailor because he couldn't catch a bomb in defense to save his life. I spent years looking away from the tele whenever he looked skyward.

My vote went to Hancock. No matter what, Mick tried his guts out. Pure Bronco.

I really liked Carne as a footballer, but the head knocks badly dented his confidence. Just like Bob Conway, I thought he had a big future ahead of him until he got a few bad concussions

Walker doesn't rate as much as the other guys but I must say he had this killer run when he was on fire... I think thats how he pulled the big contract but then we all know what happened after that...

Anonymous person said:
[quote="The Gymp":1d3qrpu7]Sailor and Carne for me, I haven't seen a more talented winger than Carne.
same here.[/quote:1d3qrpu7]

+2

I went for Hancock and Sailor. Carne only just missed out

As with the others, Sailor and Hancock with Carne missing out.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.