BHQ's best ever Broncos team

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well, it's done and dusted. With the trial matches for 2010 just a few weeks away, BroncosHQ has settled on its best ever Broncos team after months of polls, discussion and debates. So here it is for your comment now, and it will live for eternity on this site's Hall of Fame.

BHQ's Best Broncos Team of All Time

1. Darren Lockyer
2. Mick Hancock
3. Steve Renouf
4. Justin Hodges
5. Wendell Sailor
6. Kevin Walters
7. Allan Langer (c)
8. Shane Webcke
9. Kerrod Walters
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Gorden Tallis
12. Brad Thorn
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Shaun Berrigan
15. Glenn Lazarus
16. Darren Smith
17. Andrew Gee

[eusa_clap.gi

It's probably just me but Justin Hodges looks so out of place in that team.

id love to see some other clubs all time list up against that.

Coxy said:
It's probably just me but Justin Hodges looks so out of place in that team.
nah he is out of place. darren smith shouldve been there.

he does look out of place but i dont think D. Smith should be there, really 98 was his only great season at centre for us.

I don't think Justin Hodges looks out of place.

I defy any club to come up with a side to challenge this one (1988 onwards). The Bulldogs, Canberra or Melbourne could maybe put something together but they would still be smashed.

Melbourne possibly. if any team could stifle that broncos teams attack, its the melbourne team of 2006/2007. so take all the best players from their teams of 2006 to 2009 and i think youd have a very, very hard to beat team.

I wouldn't have Hodges in the top 17 players at the club is more what I'm saying.

Coxy said:
I wouldn't have Hodges in the top 17 players at the club is more what I'm saying.

Yeah, but you've had it in for him ever since he came back. icon_smile [icon_wink

I recall a trial he played in 2005 and you guys were giving him some stick or something and his family was there? I can't even remember properly. [icon_lol1.

ningnangnong said:
Coxy said:

Yeah, but you've had it in for him ever since he came back. icon_smile [icon_wink

I recall a trial he played in 2005 and you guys were giving him some stick or something and his family was there? I can't even remember properly. [icon_lol1.

Pffft. No, that was 2003 while he was playing for the Rorters.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, and on his day he's a matchwinner. But Darren Smith and Chris Johns were far better players for the Broncos for far longer. He's got in because of the "dumb youth factor" that voted. Pure and simple.

Coxy said:
ningnangnong said:
Coxy said:

Pffft. No, that was 2003 while he was playing for the Rorters.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, and on his day he's a matchwinner. But Darren Smith and Chris Johns were far better players for the Broncos for far longer. He's got in because of the "dumb youth factor" that voted. Pure and simple.

Oh, damn me and my 'youth factor'. [icon_razz1

Despite being a fine player, i didn't see Smith in his first spell for the Broncos and nor did i see Johns. Obviously i've seen bits and bobs from highlights of the past, but not enough to form a conclusive opinion.

So it makes sense that i voted for the one i have seen the most who i reckon has been an excellent player for us.

Anonymous person said:
Melbourne possibly. if any team could stifle that broncos teams attack, its the melbourne team of 2006/2007. so take all the best players from their teams of 2006 to 2009 and i think youd have a very, very hard to beat team.

Agreed. Said it before and I'll say it again, the Broncos 98 team, Canberra from 94 and Melbourne from 2007 were far and away the best club teams post 1988 that I've seen icon_thumbs_u

I also think Hodges is out of place - wanted Chris Johns, with Smith my second pick, but I won't begrudge it.

No, you should abstain from voting if you haven't seen the Broncos extensively over 20 years :P

Though if that was the criteria, good luck Souths having anyone to vote for their best team :P

draggx said:

Would be right up there with the best of them. And that's after only 22 years.

Any club naming a best team from the last 22 years would be hard pressed to match it. Only Melbourne would go close IMO, and even they haven't had the likes of an Alfie Langer to put in!

Coxy said:
No, you should abstain from voting if you haven't seen the Broncos extensively over 20 years :P

crackoff.gif

mick said:
draggx said:

Would be right up there with the best of them. And that's after only 22 years.

Any club naming a best team from the last 22 years would be hard pressed to match it. Only Melbourne would go close IMO, and even they haven't had the likes of an Alfie Langer to put in!

We have players from the full 22yrs. Melbourne would pick mainly from the past 3. It shows why Brisbane have always been a bench mark. Even now with the Storm going so well, clubs still consider Brisbane a bench mark and always will as long as we keep the young guys comming through like we have.

I think Brett Kimmorley would pip Cooper Cronk for halfback for the best of all time Storm team. And Robbie Kearns would be prop.

Scott Hill would be five-eighth (yes he played in 2006 but was past his best).

It'd be interesting to see what the 3 Storm supporters that have cared about them for their full existence would select.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • pennywisealfie
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Socnorb
  • broncos4life
  • levikaden
  • Justwin
  • Tim K
  • Manlyman
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.