Who is the greatest QLD Origin utility

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Ok folks, time to vote for the greatest Maroon Utlity to take up the first spot on our bench.

Shaun Berrigan
(2002-07)
15 Games (6 as reserve)
7 Wins, 1 Draw, 7 Losses
3 Tries

Mark Coyne
(1990-97)
19 Games (6 as reserve)
7 Wins, 12 Losses
4 Tries

Tony Currie
(1982-89)
15 Games (7 as reserve)
11 Wins, 4 Losses
3 Tries

Chris Flannery
(2002-06)
10 Wins (5 as reserve)
5 Wins, 5 Losses

Michael Hagan
(1989-90)
5 Games (3 as reserve)
4 Wins, 1 Loss

Ben Ikin

(1995-2003)
17 Games (7 as reserve)
8 Wins, 1 Draw, 8 Losses
3 Tries

Peter Jackson
(1986-92)
17 Games (3 as reserve)
10 Wins, 7 Losses
2 Tries, 1 Goal

Chris McKenna
(1999-2002)
7 Games
2 Wins, 2 Draws, 3 Losses

Dale Shearer
(1985-96)
26 Games (5 As Reserve)
11 Wins, 15 Losses
12 Tries (An Origin Record) 9 Goals

Darren Smith
(1992-2002)
22 Games (7 as reserve)
9 Wins, 2 Draws, 11 Losses
2 Tries

Jason Smith
(1994-2000)
16 Games (3 as reserve)
6 Wins, 1 Draw, 9 Losses
1 Try

Kevin Walters
(1989-99)
22 Games (11 as reserve)
10 Wins, 12 Losses
3 Tries

Chris Walker
(2001-02)
3 Wins, 1 Draw, 2 Losses
6 Games (3 as reserve)
4 Tries

I'll have to go with Berro. He was selected to play in so many positions, and he always played pretty well in all of them.

You simply can't go past Rowdy Shearer. Covered all positions 1-6, friggen quick on his feet and always prepared to try something totally out of the blue!! Didn't always come up trumps but an absolute legend of the Maroon jersey either way.

Tough category, but agree with Jeb, can't go past Rowdy.
Honourable mentions to Darren Smith and Mark Coyne.

2008 Phonecall to Mal Meninga - Mal it's Rowdy here, just ringing to say I'm still in training if you need to pick me for SOO this year. Yeah thanks Rowdy I'll keep it in mind, do the Nursing home nurses know you are on the phone Dale?
And he made the same phone call every year prior to the coach of that day.......legend of SOO [icon_lol1.

Epitomises SOO Dale Shearer gets my vote

Special mention for mine goes to the late great Peter Jackson :cry:

I really have no idea for this one either. I didnt see much if any of Dale Shearer, Peter Jackson, Currie or Hagan.

Out of the ones I have seen I would say Berrigan was the most valuable to the team as he could play any position in the game as was reasonably good in all positions. That said Flannery, McKenna and the Smith brothers were handy in that regard.

I think I will put my vote on Berrigan!

Shearer hands down for me.

I haven't seen heaps of ALL of those mentioned above, but I just had to pick Darren Smith here. The ultimate competitor.

Very very hard this one. I went for Rowdy for all the reasons others have said + scoring the most tries in Origin history including the winning one in the corner, right in front of me in the Lang Park southern outer (which Mal converted from the sideline to put us ahead) in King Wally's last Origin.

Close but no cigar - Berrigan and Kevin Walters.

Astroboy said:
Very very hard this one. I went for Rowdy for all the reasons others have said + scoring the most tries in Origin history including the winning one in the corner, right in front of me in the Lang Park southern outer (which Mal converted from the sideline to put us ahead) in King Wally's last Origin.

What an incredible game and more specifically what an incredible try that was. Went through about 10 sets of hands I think. Crowd went friggen beserk when Rowdy sprinted over out wide and even more beserk when Big Mal got the conversion!

I was in the southern outer for that game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, gotta be Shearer and I can't believe Berro is so close he had only a few really good Origin matches.

With none of his "good" matches as a CENTRE

Browny said:

His best were as a bench back rower late in his origin career but it doesn't outweigh the value Rowdy added no matter where he was selected.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Browny said:

His best were as a bench back rower late in his origin career but it doesn't outweigh the value Rowdy added no matter where he was selected.

Sorry I was referring to Berro [eusa_doh

I'm an unashamed Peter Jackson fan, so I went for him just in front of Shearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.