Bill Harrigan Interview

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think this is worthy of its own thread so it doesnt get lost in countless unrelated posts.

http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/...h-press-conference-in-full/20120524-gdrd.html

I hate harrigan, i think hes an arrogant toss, but i have gained a lot of respect for him after seeing how he handled this clearly NSW biased interview / attack. Explains everything clearly, and yet many of the journos still dont get it lol.

Not one reporter asks about the punch hayne delivered to thurston either.

agreed. i still hate him, but he handled himself exceptionally well against a room of journalists all trying to twist his words around to make it sound like he told someone it was no try and that nsw were hard done by.

lol at the "reporter" who reckoned it wasn't a try because Farah was looking at GI's head.

lol at the "reporter" who reckoned it wasn't a try because Farah was looking at GI's head.

What an idiot. Seriously rugby league have some ridiculous journalists... bloody disgrace this game sometimes.

Paul Kent
Phil Rothfield
Andrew Webster

These guys are jokes. Some of the filth they write, or some of the shite that comes out of their mouths. Seriously.

/Rage.

Throw in Dean Ritchie and Danny Weidler...

So basically anyone who writes for the Tele.

Shit! Australian media as a whole is rubbish

The refs got this 100% correct and it's how they have ruled on it all this year. In previous years it would have been a penalty try but with the rule change all they have to rule on is if the ball was dropped by the attacking player or dislodged by the action of a defender.

Round 2 Newc v Cronulla 64th min Junior Sau scores after having the ball stripped while putting it down then grounds it and the refs award a try.

Gallen says to the ref pretty much what he says on Wed night, the commentators blow up the same way but as usual they fail to realize it doesn't matter what they think the rule should be only what it is.

yes but commentators, especially Gould, like to trot out the "that's been a knock on since 1908" line whenever a ruling happens that they don't agree with.

And usually that's after the year before the identical situation has resulted in a different ruling, and commentators at the time said "that's been a try since 1908"....

LOLZ

yes but commentators, especially Gould, like to trot out the "that's been a knock on since 1908" line whenever a ruling happens that they don't agree with.

And usually that's after the year before the identical situation has resulted in a different ruling, and commentators at the time said "that's been a try since 1908"....

LOLZ
I could pull a "fabric of the game" comment here about knock-ons and the rule book, but I won't ;)

Yeh, no point showing once again that you have NFI ;-)

Well this whole inglis try thing kinda proves otherwise, but never let the truth get in the way of jebs opinion

Oh god, not this again. Leave it, both of you.

Well this whole inglis try thing kinda proves otherwise, but never let the truth get in the way of jebs opinion

Pretty much completely different situation to the one we were talking about. But anyway, I'll take Fozz's advice.

Gould had another sooky lala moment during the tigers game. Even rabs said its a try

Active Now

• Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • barker
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • jd87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.