PLAYER Blake Mozer

We are now also competing against the Dolphins for young players which wont be easy with their system they have in place.
Even before the Dolphins were a NRL team the talent in the Moreton Bay Region would leave their smaller junior clubs and head to Redcliffe or Norths.
Now with a pathway to NRL at Redcliffe it will go up another level where the parents will send their kids to play their juniors at Redcliffe and it will be harder to get the good ones.

Even before the Dolphins were a NRL team the talent in the Moreton Bay Region would leave their smaller junior clubs and head to Redcliffe or Norths.
Now with a pathway to NRL at Redcliffe it will go up another level where the parents will send their kids to play their juniors at Redcliffe and it will be harder to get the good ones.

Thats the thing, you could always join the Phins as a 6 year old and go right through and play Qcup in the same system. Now that system will take you to the NRL.

They can’t keep them all any more than we can.

They have the advantage of history with players, if you've been a Dolphin since you're six and live at Sandgate and wanted to play for the Dolphins your whole life that's going to carry some weight if you try and get them away.

They have the advantage of history with players, if you've been a Dolphin since you're six and live at Sandgate and wanted to play for the Dolphins your whole life that's going to carry some weight if you try and get them away.
Sure, but it’s only an advantage. It’s silly to believe that the Broncos will lose players to phins but it won’t also go the other way.

After the Brian To’o stuff, I’m even more cynical than usual in regards to what really motivates NRL players nowadays..

So, does ‘wanting to be dolphin / bronco / man who makes potions in a travelling show’ even mean much now?

My point is, the highest bidder seems to be all that really matters to these guys (?)

After the Brian To’o stuff, I’m even more cynical than usual in regards to what really motivates NRL players nowadays..

So, does ‘wanting to be dolphin / bronco / man who makes potions in a travelling show’ even mean much now?

My point is, the highest bidder seems to be all that really matters to these guys (?)
A bit like the American sporting landscape in the NFL in particular isn’t it

When the Dolphins came into the NRL, Wayne told all the smaller clubs he is changing the way things work and wants the local junior clubs to keep their good players - it won't be until they're 16 or 17 they will come recruiting into the rep teams. They don't want the Dolphins to become the biggest, best junior team, they want the local competition to become much stronger so the boys grow up playing the best in a high quality comp.

So do you know what happened the minute the teams registrations opened the following season - every parent who thinks their kid is the next Darren Lockyer sent their kid to the Dolphins. Lol, idiots. Because our club has had about half of those kids come back the next season saying how rubbish the junior teams are over there because there's just too many teams/kids, and have realised their kid is way better being a big fish in a small pond then a small fish in a big pond.

People are stupid.

Fcking Patston .
5 minute cameo and you still have a crush on him ? I don`t think he has even made it to an extended squad all season .
He's scored 8 tries in the Cup this year. We didn't sign him.

He's scored 8 tries in the Cup this year. We didn't sign him.

I don`t watch Q Cup ...
I thought Hunt was better in the trials .

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.