International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Blindside: Red Hill isn’t turning green

Travis Meyn and Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
November 14, 2019 1:39pm

Last edited by a moderator:
I tell you, I still don't mind the idea of having Oates in the left backrow. His biggest weaknesses are his hands under the high ball and coming in off his wing, that'd be less of an issue on the edge.

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth / Coates / Arthars
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth / Coates / Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft (Dearden)
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Glenn (c)
15. Pangai Jr
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Broncos star Corey Oates hasn’t given up on his quest to become a backrower
Oates reckons he could still make the switch to the back row as his career progresses. “I was always having a good laugh about moving into the backrow now but I think every player starts to slow down when they get a bit older in their thirties,” he said.

“Time will tell for me. If I have to move in I will. The option will hopefully be there. That is something I will have to decide when the time comes. If I am not as fast and can’t do all I possibly can out on the wing then backrow could be the option when I am old and slow.”

This is the standard of "journalism" these days. A player says maybe they'll need to switch positions in 5+ years if they're too old and slow, journo leads with player hasn't given up on their quest to switch.

Huge fan of Dearden at halfback as well.
Not sure about huge just yet, but I'd like to see him understudy Croft, maybe at 6 or vice versa. Haven't seen enough of him to know whether he's a better prospect than Milford. How many kicks does he have? Can he punt to the wing, grubber ahead, chip and chase? Does he have a killer sidestep, or change of pace?

But I have seen enough of Milford to have lost faith in him being the guy to lead us around the park.

Last edited:
Not sure about huge just yet, but I'd like to see him understudy Croft, maybe at 6 or vice versa. Haven't seen enough of him to know whether he's a better prospect than Milford. How many kicks does he have? Can he punt to the wing, grubber ahead, chip and chase? Does he have a killer sidestep, or change of pace?

But I have seen enough of Milford to have lost faith in him being the guy to lead us around the park.

Just don't think being an understudy to Croft would really help his development at all. I would prefer we don't sign Croft and instead have Dearden at halfback and Milford at five-eight to start the season. They looked like they complemented each other well when they played together this season.

The Broncos coach will be leaving his players to make dietary decisions for themselves, trusting they will look after their bodies.
Could be milf playing backrow soon

Just don't think being an understudy to Croft would really help his development at all. I would prefer we don't sign Croft and instead have Dearden at halfback and Milford at five-eight to start the season. They looked like they complemented each other well when they played together this season.
They looked okay but the ball flowed better because Macca was out injured. As soon as he returned it all went to shit again.

It's a bit much to expect Dearden to come in and run the team. We already know it's beyond Milford, Boyd and Turpin to orchestrate play. We need to inject a wiser, older head in there to take advantage of our extraordinary forwards.

They looked okay but the ball flowed better because Macca was out injured. As soon as he returned it all went to shit again.

It's a bit much to expect Dearden to come in and run the team. We already know it's beyond Milford, Boyd and Turpin to orchestrate play. We need to inject a wiser, older head in there to take advantage of our extraordinary forwards.

Turpin is likely going to be the 9 though right?

The biggest problem with this is if he goes down there is literally no one else. Corey paix better be improving rapidly this season.

The Broncos coach will be leaving his players to make dietary decisions for themselves, trusting they will look after their bodies.

Seriously? I'm no expert but I would have thought that every top level pro sports team would have a sports nutritionist on staff?

Seriously? I'm no expert but I would have thought that every top level pro sports team would have a sports nutritionist on staff?
Ours is this guy

images

Red hill isn’t turning to Paul green. Thank ****.

If he's not then Siebold will lose most of his defenders.
If they are going to use Macca maybe it could be like McInnes at the Dragons where he spends more time defending late in the game at second row.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.