NEWS Boyd ‘definitely’ playing on in 2020, but open to a position switch

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Last edited by a moderator:
The only positional switch should be first grade to qcup. FMD we have played 80 mins of most games this season with one player as good as in the sin bin by having Boyd in the 13. Good luck with memberships if he is in first grade next season. He is dillusional.

I’m not surprised he’s ready to go in 2020, we’re still waiting for him to start 2019...

Maybe he meant 8:20pm, i.e. 20:20.
Maybe he meant he has 20:20 vision?

So confusing, isn't it!

"We did our best"
"Definitely playing on"

I'm telling ya, he's straight up taking the P155

Nathan Brown said it on 360. He's got an $800k contract. He's not going to retire. As a club, there's nothing we can really do about that. But we need to not let it happen again, and Paul White, and whoever else was involved with that decision needs to go. Because it has completely fucked us.

Nathan Brown said it on 360. He's got an $800k contract. He's not going to retire. As a club, there's nothing we can really do about that. But we need to not let it happen again, and Paul White, and whoever else was involved with that decision needs to go. Because it has completely fucked us.

He's about to become the highest paid QCup player then

He's about to become the highest paid QCup player then
Yeah most likely. I mean, don't get me wrong. I 100% wish he left. But I just don't see it happening. Darius doesn't strike me as someone who is particularly popular around the club, so I don't imagine the club would be overly eager to have him there after his retirement. If Bennett was around things would be different, but I honestly get the vibe that Seibold sort of resents him and is glad about this 58-0 defeat because now he will actually be able to drop him.

Yeah most likely. I mean, don't get me wrong. I 100% wish he left. But I just don't see it happening. Darius doesn't strike me as someone who is particularly popular around the club, so I don't imagine the club would be overly eager to have him there after his retirement. If Bennett was around things would be different, but I honestly get the vibe that Seibold sort of resents him and is glad about this 58-0 defeat because now he will actually be able to drop him.

Pretty much. Boyd comes across to me as someone who struts around the club like a peacock as if he is some sort of club great alongside other former captains but in reality, I doubt anyone would really view him as such, especially after his disgraceful stint as captain which was deadset worse than Thaidays. If we are thinking it, older club greats are thinking it. We saw Webby come out on TV and pretty much write him off last night.

What else can you say about this bloke? What an utter disgrace. I can't believe I used to talk him up around here when the howls about his form first began. I apologize for that.

What about him screams qcup player? Why drop a player who is actually going to have a go for that?

That ceases being the clubs problem as soon as we drop him. We can't account for the decisions of his Qcup coach lol

What about him screams qcup player? Why drop a player who is actually going to have a go for that?

Remember Watmough's decline? He used to be the best forward in the comp for a time and then turned to utter shit, same deal with Berrigan when he was at the Raiders and Orford too. Boyd is no different, and Gillett is quickly entering this category as well.

EDIT: I misread your quote lol, I thought you were defending him.

Last edited:

Nathan brown knows dick , it's $600k and they can do something. Offer him a job and tell him this or qcup.

Nathan brown knows dick , it's $600k and they can do something. Offer him a job and tell him this or qcup.
Why would he care if it's qcup? That's something players that want a new contract care about. He doesn't. He's 32 and plays like an 80 year old. He's not getting a new contract fucking anywhere.

Why would he care if it's qcup? That's something players that want a new contract care about. He doesn't. He's 32 and plays like an 80 year old. He's not getting a new contract fucking anywhere.

Legacy being ruined for starters. Being absolutely despised even more by the fan base for digging his heels in would be another reason to care.

I couldn’t even see a QLD Cup coach put up with some of Boyd’s efforts this season. This is an experienced player who turned his back on a ball and let it rebound off him for an Eels try in a knock out final!

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • davidp
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • TimWhatley
  • Scorchie
  • Skyblues87
  • mitch222
  • Jazza
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.