NEWS Boyd addresses NRL future after shock Broncos switch

So the more talk about him retiring the more he’s gonna dig in.

That’s fine, left centre it is

He probably has to go through every position in the backline before we get rid of him, just to be polite. Even halfback. Would not even blink if they gave him a shot at hooker.

If Boyd plays well, then absolutely he walks in to the team. At his best he is a superstar, and deep down we would all prefer Boyd at his best than an unproven rookie.

It’s just that he’s been shit this year.

All my Boyd hate was because he was playing like shit, it wasn’t personal. So if he plays alright I’m happy to have him in the team. He’s starting to settle into the 5/8 position. If he keeps growing into that position he will be a passable first grader and I’ll be fine with him sticking around.

A whole off season training at 5/8 and a decent halfback and all of sudden Boyd in our spine isn’t so bad. Good luck, Darius.

What is this fargin horeshit 2020 premiership talk.Years not finished ****. You're the captain and have psychologically ruled out the season?

His missus and lifestyle won't let him retire early.

If seibs accepts three good games a year, and holds back sos or dearden to pay for this bludgers retirement, then fkd if I'm going to be quiet about it.

**** won't put his body on the line, and is playing to pay for his missus renovations plans.

Needs someone with a fknspine to tell this how it is.

Last edited:
So Boyd has a semi average game against the worst team in the comp and thinks he can go another year now. Just retire already. You dont offer any attack and we will lose young halves cause u think u can play there. Doesn't help his ego cause we play Titans next week so if we beat them as expected coach will think he is our saviour now.

If Bird does indeed piss off back to Sydney, it's a pretty straight forward solution, Boyd to left centre.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. O'Sullivan / $800K signing with Bird money
7. Dearden

If he builds on last night's performance, I would be happy to have him.

He did well last night.

Playing the storm will be the true litmus test

He will likely have a mixed bag performance given the quality of the opposition. I wouldn't be expecting miracles. It would be his 4th game at 5/8.

How quickly the tide turns because of one decent game against a spoon contender. He was no where close to the best player on the paddock, which is a problem considering his premium price tag. That and where are we going to play him. FB is as good as locked in for Milf now it seems.

Halves? He's not a play maker by even his own admission and has proven his inability to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and drive them to a win. He can pass a bit, apart from one kick last night I am not convinced he will be close to our other options in that regard. He roamed well, but he's always done that. He's not the kind of player for a deft kick or to bamboozle defenders and cut through the line.

Centres or Wing? We have Bird, Staggs, Herbie, Jaymane, Oates, Coates, Perese and Kennar and 4 positions to go around. After origin exposed his defence at Centre, its a big gamble to put him there too.

Who do we deny to slot in an at best average player, playing out of position? Thats at his best. If this season is anything to go by and the "its just a game" attitude, we may get a handful of those games per season...

I have nothing but respect for the guy's career and his achievements - but this is an elite code that demands perfection to take out the top prize. He is either mentally or physically not up to the task and its not just this season, its been a decline ever since the hammy injury against the cows 2 years ago.

Someone has to make the tough call, for the good of the team long term. No point ignoring the elephant in the room in the hopes he comes good in the next year or two.

Last edited:
Boyd needs to get out of the spine.

Even if he did have a decent game last night, he has no kicking game to speak of, no running game left and although he can pass, the opposition will always know it will most likely be the option he takes, which will blunt that attribute.
As solid as his defense in the line is, it just isn't what you need from a half, especially when you need creativity against the tougher opposition.

If he's just going to be a link man, just put him in the centres and let him feed Oatesy.

Boyd needs to get out of the spine.

Even if he did have a decent game last night, he has no kicking game to speak of, no running game left and although he can pass, the opposition will always know it will most likely be the option he takes, which will blunt that attribute.
As solid as his defense in the line is, it just isn't what you need from a half, especially when you need creativity against the tougher opposition.

If he's just going to be a link man, just put him in the centres and let him feed Oatesy.

Yep, and if he wants to ball play a bit, he can always occasionally drift one in (pushing the 2nd rower one out)

Now Darius has made his decision it's time to get behind the guy. It's a young team and we need all the experienced hands we can get. I think 2020 is looking great but we might be one hard head in the forwards short.

I think the CEO should make an offer to Paul Gallen. He would provide the starch and experience in the middle we need. I reckon he would jump at the chance to get a second Premiership under his belt. Possibly they could entice him with a role after his playing days, something along the lines of working on the culture of the club or an ambassadorial role?

Last edited:
Now Darius has made his decision it's time to get behind the guy. It's a young team and we need all the experienced hands we can get. I think 2020 is looking great but we might be one hard head in the forwards short.

I think the CEO should make an offer to Paul Gallen. He would provide the starch and experience in the middle we need. I reckon he would jump at the chance to get a second Premiership under his belt. Possibly they could entice him with a role after his playing days, something along the lines of working on the culture of the club or an ambassadorial role?
We don't need or want his type of culture.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.