NEWS Boyd addresses NRL future after shock Broncos switch

So the more talk about him retiring the more he’s gonna dig in.

That’s fine, left centre it is
No keep him in the 6. I think we look alot less clunky in attack with him there and Milf at 1. Throw Deardan back in at 7 and we look even better. McCullough and Turpin sharing the 9 works for me as well.

Know we have to keep it simple and play Bennettball at the minute but just now and again wouldn’t mind seeing an old fashion backline from sideline to sideline and the ball going through all the hands to the winger.

What is this fargin horeshit 2020 premiership talk.Years not finished ****. You're the captain and have psychologically ruled out the season?

His missus and lifestyle won't let him retire early.

If seibs accepts three good games a year, and holds back sos or dearden to pay for this bludgers retirement, then fkd if I'm going to be quiet about it.

**** won't put his body on the line, and is playing to pay for his missus renovations plans.

Needs someone with a fknspine to tell this how it is.
I think you'll find that most board and coaching staff, wrote this year off at the start. Can't blame Darius for a Plan the board has put in place.
[automerge]1563580435[/automerge]
Boyd needs to get out of the spine.

Even if he did have a decent game last night, he has no kicking game to speak of, no running game left and although he can pass, the opposition will always know it will most likely be the option he takes, which will blunt that attribute.
As solid as his defense in the line is, it just isn't what you need from a half, especially when you need creativity against the tougher opposition.

If he's just going to be a link man, just put him in the centres and let him feed Oatesy.
He put a nice kick in for Oates penalty try .
Milford didn't have a good kicking game either to begin with, and if we have a 7 that does what will it matter. Like he says they play the same except he defends in the line.

Last edited:
I think you'll find that most board and coaching staff, wrote this year off at the start. Can't blame Darius for a Plan the board has put in place.

Milford didn't have a good kicking game either to begin with, and if we have a 7 that does what will it matter. Like he says they play the same except he defends in the line.
One grubber kick doesn't suddenly make him an accomplished kicker, and come on, you really can't compare Milf's kicking game with his.

We need more from a half, we suddenly have no running threat there and nowhere near enough creativity. There's a reason the better teams generally have a game organiser and a more instinctive runner in the halves. Boyd is neither...

One grubber kick doesn't suddenly make him an accomplished kicker, and come on, you really can't compare Milf's kicking game with his.

We need more from a half, we suddenly have no running threat there and nowhere near enough creativity. There's a reason the better teams generally have a game organiser and a more instinctive runner in the halves. Boyd is neither...
No but dearden and Sos are, boyd will be the experience and game manager. Not saying he's a better kicker (a well placed chip not grubber), but he doesn't have to be. Our 7,9 and 1 can kick and other than macca our spine is all attack orientated.
By no means am ai saying that boyd is our best option but if we aren't bringing an experienced 6 in , I think he's our best option. Unless bird doesn't leave and even then I think bird is a better center than boyd.

This article reminds me of Conor McGregor’s infamous post fight apology fake out.

“There’s been a lot of talk of me being past my best. I just want to say from the bottom of me heart, I’d like to take this chance to announce my retirement....in 2023! THE BRONCOS CAPTAIN DOES WHATEVER THE FOK HE WANTS!”

It's only a matter of time until he costs us again. Hope I'm wrong.

Now Darius has made his decision it's time to get behind the guy. It's a young team and we need all the experienced hands we can get. I think 2020 is looking great but we might be one hard head in the forwards short.

I think the CEO should make an offer to Paul Gallen. He would provide the starch and experience in the middle we need. I reckon he would jump at the chance to get a second Premiership under his belt. Possibly they could entice him with a role after his playing days, something along the lines of working on the culture of the club or an ambassadorial role?
You're trolling right?

Can’t help myself boys, just when we finally win a Thursday night game and can just relax and enjoy the weekend for a change, here is a quote to ruin your weekends...

c54ecbe681a4d2a936c797fd87ff0050.jpg

If we signed Gallen, who ever was responsible for making that happen would be force Deported to Sydney, never to return.

Last edited:
I still want him gone, but he's been better at 5/8. His defence is good in the front line, and he isn't outright costing us games like he was at FB. He put in a few good short kicks against the dogs, and that pass he threw to to Oates I think it was would have been replayed all weekend if Keary or Pearce threw it with Gould etc going on about how good it was.

Where did you hear that?
From what I saw most of the pundits and betting agencies had us as top four chances prior to the start of the season.

On here , not sure if was smokin Joe or someone else who has inside info .can't remember his name atm but is always on the money.

Now Darius has made his decision it's time to get behind the guy. It's a young team and we need all the experienced hands we can get. I think 2020 is looking great but we might be one hard head in the forwards short.

I think the CEO should make an offer to Paul Gallen. He would provide the starch and experience in the middle we need. I reckon he would jump at the chance to get a second Premiership under his belt. Possibly they could entice him with a role after his playing days, something along the lines of working on the culture of the club or an ambassadorial role?
Narelle do you enjoy dabbling in the glass BBQ?

I think Boyd just enjoys trolling everyone. The whole fullback career finishing article felt like some incredible bait.

We need a half that can do the long kicking to the corners. Milford’s main kick of choice this season is an attempted spiralling bomb. If not spiral it’s a stock standard up and under.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.