NEWS Boys are really happy for Dearden

ScreenScreenshot 2021 04 27 at 07 33 23 Dysfunctional Broncos shock new target

Newchum Danny Levi said Tom Dearden pulled the team aside on Monday morning, assuring everyone he would steer the team to its first premiership since 2006:

“He told us about it but he said as long as he’s here, he’s 100 per cent for us. I’m sure he wants to finish off the season strong. It’s unfortunate because he’s a talented young player but he’s got to do what’s best for him."

The boys are really happy for him but he’s committed to here for the rest of the year.”

“He’s only young. He’s one of those tough little dudes. I’m happy to see him keep working hard. (I like) his attitude. He’s not afraid to get in and do the tough stuff. He’s only a small dude but he’s one of those players that just tries hard. You see some players who are real flashy and talented but they don’t like that hard stuff – (Tom) does and that’s the type of player you want to play with.”

Former Palmer United Party senate hopeful, and the coach's twin brother Kerrod Walters has his ear to the ground:

"You could say Reynolds or Mitchell Moses but you would have to pay Moses overs to get him up here where Reynolds is chasing a two or three-year deal which they should be able to do. They need some experience to lead the ship around and Reynolds is the one they would probably lean to. You have got to have a crack."

“Letting Dearden go, they need to sign someone now. They have a lot of young guys who are not consistent enough, Reynolds would be a good signing. I think the club needs more work than we thought. There is a lot of work to do there. There is some really good young talent there but it will need a longer-term fix. There is too much young talent. You need a good mix.”

Ca timesbrightspotcdncom

Continuing to work through the process

Paul Kent:

“There’s a sneaky one for Daly Cherry-Evans, because of Manly’s salary cap. There’s a little bit of talk, it’s been around for three or four weeks that he’s a possibility because Manly’s cap is in a bit of problem, his salary is linked to the salary cap as a percentage. Manly are trying to regenerate their roster a bit... so that’s going around. Whether the Broncos are willing to go there we don’t know. They are going hard after Moses at the moment.”

Buzz Rothfield:

“I said on social media over the weekend, and there’s no way I’d retract it, that Anthony Seibold’s Broncos were better than Kevin Walters’ Broncos. I think it’s a fact.”

James Hooper:

“They’ve got a recruitment guy at Brisbane that hardly any player managers talk to, because of his personality. The whole thing is dysfunctional.”

Kevvie's got this:

“Obviously we are disappointed but we have clear priorities on who we are targeting to strengthen our roster going forward. We will continue to work through that process in the weeks and months ahead.”

McHunt

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
I feel like it all started to be evident with the 4 year busted Boyd contract but I actually think it goes back much further, that is probably just when it became most apparent something was off in the off field department.
For me it started to go wrong when in my opinion parker was tapped on the shoulder a year or two early

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If I were Donuts, I’d simply ask Nolan what’s his vision, how does he and his team explain the mess of the club, is he related to Foordy and what does he look for in a player. The silence on those questions would seal his fate.

Also, ask Alfie his thoughts, he’s been there long enough to have seen all the rubbish happen.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
If I were Donuts, I’d simply ask Nolan what’s his vision, how does he and his team explain the mess of the club, is he related to Foordy and what does he look for in a player. The silence on those questions would seal his fate.

Also, ask Alfie his thoughts, he’s been there long enough to have seen all the rubbish happen.
I wouldnt even waste the o2, terminated.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.