NEWS Breaking: Post round 2 to be played behind closed doors

how skint is the NRL..??......makes it sound like today there is a game, tomorrow its gone forever..?

They are fooling themselves; once players start falling over with the virus thats it; the whole playing squad goes into lock down...

Tides going out and NRL have nothing on financially...I do wonder if the disparity between the NRL and AFL will now show itself. AFL always say they have bucketloads of cash.....think we are about to test that...

Worst case scenario. the government will bail out the NRL.

yeh well....our PM would rather go watch Cronulla than co-ordinate the nationwide responses so....

Fort kickass

English Premier League has been suspended until April... there's a lot more money and vested interests in that than the NRL. If they can stop, surely the NRL can too.
That's where you're wrong. The English Premier league generates so much money they can afford the break. The NRL doesn't. Most clubs struggle to make a profit in the NRL.

Send the ARL broke. Send the shit clubs broke. Restart next year with a new administration, new balance of power, etc. I truly hope this coronavirus smashes the NRL and does what Super League threatened but couldn't quite pull it off.

The top level of RL in this country needs a MASSIVE fucking shake up. I hope this is it.

Looks like the season will be suspended ... Cam Smith has spoken 😛

Looks like the season will be suspended ... Cam Smith has spoken 😛

I think he is probably right as well. Just shut the comp down for a month and see whats happening.

Wish they'd suspend the season for a couple of months so I can actually focus on studying and completing Uni work instead of spending 10 hours a week on SuperCoach and 16 hours a week watching games.

Save me Coronavirus.

Could we still go ahead and play the comp as best as normal if all clubs agreed to adapt new playing kits?

TinyCoolCirriped-small.gif

Brought tickets to the supposed double header at Eden Park earlier lastweek. Looks like i'll be getting a refund now with how things have changed in the last 48 hours

according to Michael Carayannis in the Daily Telegraph, on possible plan to keep the Warriors in the comp (hence fulfilling their 8 games per week) is to allow the Warriors to loan players from other clubs that would be playing reserve grade for their current club.

also allow them to call up any player without an NRL contract, and mix them with any of the Warriors top 30 that are prepared to stay in Australia.

(it's not mentioned, but i assume that at different time throughout the season, the Warriors players could travel back to Australia if they wanted to and re-join the side after their 2 week quarantine)

according to Michael Carayannis in the Daily Telegraph, on possible plan to keep the Warriors in the comp (hence fulfilling their 8 games per week) is to allow the Warriors to loan players from other clubs that would be playing reserve grade for their current club.

also allow them to call up any player without an NRL contract, and mix them with any of the Warriors top 30 that are prepared to stay in Australia.

(it's not mentioned, but i assume that at different time throughout the season, the Warriors players could travel back to Australia if they wanted to and re-join the side after their 2 week quarantine)
According to me Michael Carayanus is a twat who thinks he's clever. Having an imagination is a good thing I guess.

Can't see that being possible... would they be proposing to quarantine the ISC as well??

Those guys have separate jobs to
football.

Warriors would be hugely impacted in terms of their chances to win the comp... apparently they came to their last game with an overnight bag, as you'd expect.

Even if they try this magic round concept they're talking about the only place that seems logical is within Sydney... purely due to have training facilities available.

I can't see how 16 clubs can have gym gear and football fields available in one city unless it's reasonably big... and asking any club to compromise their training schedule is fraught with legal issues, you may as well chuck an asterisk next to the comp now if that happens.

In Sydney they have 9 teams so the interstate teams can look to share with the Sydney clubs... and you could charter buses around.

Unfortunately Sydney is the epicenter in Australia.

They may get through this round, but it seems inevitable that city lock downs will occur or someone within an NRL club will be diagnosed with it then they will call it off for a month

On the off chance that anyone actually needed more evidence that journos trawl BHQ for their story ideas, i'm about to provide it ...

there is an Daily Telegraph article on the Courier Mail website saying that the NRL are considering pumping in artificial crown noise into the grounds to help provide the atmosphere for the players and because the TV executives want the broadcast to be as authentic as possible.

I did have to laugh, that they choose to use a photo clearly taken at a Sydney game, that has a crowd of like 6 people with plenty of empty seats around them

Active Now

• Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.