Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Nrlwkeystocity 037

Brigginshaw wants Broncos NRLW dynasty

October 5, 2018

Broncos captain Ali Brigginshaw announced her intention to create a dynasty at the club as the champion NRLW side was handed the keys to the city of Brisbane on Friday.

Brisbane Lord Mayor Graham Quirk made the presentation to Brigginshaw and the Broncos squad in a ceremony before adoring fans.

The Jillaroos halfback, who hails from Ipswich, was inspired as a young girl by the Brisbane sides of the late 1990s that won three premierships in four years (including the 1997 Super League title) under Ipswich-raised legends Allan Langer and Kevin Walters.

The 28-year-old insists the Broncos have assembled a squad capable of replicating those feats.

Representative forwards Steph Hancock and Heather Ballinger are set to retire but the bulk of the title-winning squad will go around again next year.

Thirteen of the Broncos undefeated premiership winning side will represent either the Jillaroos or the Kiwi Ferns in the upcoming Test in Auckland and Brigginshaw said the club "definitely" could create a dynasty like the club's champion men's sides of the past.

"We want to keep winning that premiership and I believe we can," Brigginshaw told NRL.com.

"There is nothing better than winning and to win all four games was huge.

"The majority of the girls will be here next year and there is so much more we can do. I can't believe how far the girls have come in eight weeks. They are completely different people on and off the field."

While there will be new faces in the squad next year Brigginshaw said it was vital the Paul Dyer-coached side retained continuity with its personnel.

"I definitely want to keep the team together," she said.

"It is made up of people that have played one year, 10 years, a couple of games ... and it is made of such a different group of girls and cultures. We can add some new people and new young ones in particular, but right now we have a great feel and a great bond within this team that I don't think others have."

Brigginshaw was overwhelmed by the support the team received in Brisbane while receiving the keys to the city.

"It is huge for Brisbane for us to bring home that trophy and that is something we are sharing with the people today," Brigginshaw said.

"I feel like it really is good for the girls to see how much Brisbane does care about us and how we have done the city proud.

"We have created history and just walking over the bridge to come here people were stopping us and congratulating us and saying positive things."

Source: NRL.com

Hancock and Ballinger are huge losses. Lenarduzzi is nowhere near ready to be a leading prop from what I saw in this comp and I’d almost consider keeping Arukua on the bench for her impact.

That darn salary cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hancock and Ballinger are huge losses. Lenarduzzi is nowhere near ready to be a leading prop from what I saw in this comp and I’d almost consider keeping Arukua on the bench for her impact.

Shit just when Ballinger was getting the Parker salt and pepper look, Seeing as I work with her I’ll see if I can get her to go around another year

Active Now

• bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.