Brisbane BHQ Crew - Round 9 24th November *POSTPONED*

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hi guys,

Game was scheduled for 17th of November, rescheduled to 24th November due to flooded fields!

Penultimate round before the finals! We play TPD Monday 24th November at 7pm. We're currently 2nd, TPD are 3rd. Our for and against is 60 for, 36 against. Theirs is 59 for, 38 against. So very similar records.

We're 2 competition points ahead of them, so a win will almost secure 2nd spot and give us a shot at first if Spiders go down. A loss could leave us 3rd.

Re: Brisbane BHQ Crew - Round 9 17th November

It's on like Donkey Kong tomorrow night biach!!!

does this postponement mean that our season goes for an extra week?

Yep. Grand Final will now be on 22nd December.

Actually I'm wrong! They're now having semi finals AND Grand Finals on the 15th!! Geez, hope we get numbers that night! :P

Big game tomorrow fellas lets hope we have our game faces on and Billy doesn't have any brain explosions... The key to victory is running straight and hard ( not sideways).

Is frank the tank still scoring 95% of ur tries? lol

LOLZ! In his dreams :P

He's only scoring 91%

Another 3 last night i hear. man... easy choice for player of the year by the sounds of things. Lucky no-one banned him from scoring tries for u lot

If Hammo stopped running sideways he'd have a tonne of tries too.

Haha. Nah, sounds like our player of the year broke his thumb last night.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Another 3 last night i hear. man... easy choice for player of the year by the sounds of things. Lucky no-one banned him from scoring tries for u lot

Like I told him last night when he was ragging Andy;

He got 3 last night...should have been 2. Stu is quick and charges the line. But he never draws and passes. Twice last night he took silly risks, when all he had to do was draw the man and offload. Last game (against a better team)he made 3 breaks and we got 0 tries from them (his only tries coming from being put into gaps).

Andy is a perfect example; he makes the breaks and offloads.

Stu is a quick guy and a good player, once he learns that final draw and pass he will be far better IMO.

P.S. Stu is only as good as the players putting him into those gaps.....thank you [icon_wink

Yeah, draw and pass is a hard skill to master. Even with golden boots.

Kind regards,
Billy "Lucky Manu Vatuvei didn't catch it" Slater

Hammo said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Like I told him last night when he was ragging Andy;

He got 3 last night...should have been 2. Stu is quick and charges the line. But he never draws and passes. Twice last night he took silly risks, when all he had to do was draw the man and offload. Last game (against a better team)he made 3 breaks and we got 0 tries from them (his only tries coming from being put into gaps).

Andy is a perfect example; he makes the breaks and offloads.

Stu is a quick guy and a good player, once he learns that final draw and pass he will be far better IMO.

P.S. Stu is only as good as the players putting him into those gaps.....thank you [icon_wink

I agree stu isnt a draw and passer, but, u dont want a whole team of ppl doing that lol. You mentioned that stu takes risks to score, and last night they call came off, last week they didnt. Sounds a lot like one of ur fav players in billy slater, yet u love him! lol. And, if you are trying to say stu gets put into gaps, he must be playing 100% differently to every other game, because stu doesnt run gaps, he just runs around ppl, its frustrating for me coz i can put ppl into gaps, he just doesnt run em. Most of the time its just a solo effort by running around ppl lol. As for stu vs andy, well id take stu in a second. Andy is ok, but can win without him, i dont think ud be winning many without stu

edit: i hate talking up stu, but he cant read this so its ok lol

Also, how do u score 3, when it should have been 2 lol.... and to me, u shouldnt be bitching about that lol. OH NOES HE SCORED MORE THAN HE SHOULDVE... [eusa_doh

Nah, seriously it's good to have an individual like Stu on the team. He can create something out of not much and give us a couple of tries a game.

In saying that, we've won several games like 12-2 and 9-2 etc, and in the games we've drawn or been beaten in he's been pretty quiet. Against good defence, he's not so great - unless he starts working with others in the team, including running at gaps, then he goes better.

We're lucky we've had a good mixture of players who can run fancy, players who can hit holes, players who can ball play etc. Though we're running thin on ball players now - with Ghibli out for the rest of the season, and possibly AeeBro with a broken thumb. I'll have to sweet talk my missus to let me play in the semis next week.

Beads and Hammo can't do all the ball playing on their own.

Agreed he doesnt run gaps at all, im the ball player in our beenleigh team, and we have only 1 good line runner, and i put him in for 2 - 3 each game, if stu did it he would get like 6 haha. But i dunno about him not being great against good defence, still gives them trouble from what ive seen

Yeah, gives them trouble, but the defences of the best teams in the comp we play (all 2 of them) just crowd him across field into the sideline so he either a) stops and comes back in field, b) pulls up and takes the tag or c) does the Billy Slater hail mary (which he never does cos he doesn't pass...lolz).

Seriously he'd be better if he just attacked the line and the gaps with his speed. Much harder to get tags that way.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Jason Simmons
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Tmac
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • IceWorks
  • Brocko
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.