Brisbane Broncos 2015 Draw

It's not up to the Broncos though. For what it's worth I'm in the same boat as you, and actually came into this thread to see whether there will be any games I can take my young boy to this year before I decide which if any membership to choose.

On that note, when do the games times get decided? The Saturday game vs Eels could be a goer if it's on early enough.
Times are in the list for all but the last six rounds, the Eels game starts at 8pm as the final game of the 10 hour marathon of Anzac day NRL.

Would you give over a billion dollars and have no say? I wouldn't, I'd reduce that considerably for no say.
Agreed, it all comes down to negotiations. It just seems like the ARL was more interested in getting the deal to match the AFL's TV rights deal in dollars than ensuring a fairer system for all teams. Gyngell must have squealed with delight when he was given that much control

I may have a more biased view as I am a Broncos fan living in Sydney and watching over half of our games as the delayed broadcast on a Friday means it doesn't start till 9:30pm at best and I have to not look at facebook in those intervening hours. If I lived in Brissy though I would love having the opportunity to be at Suncorp every other week on a Friday night and cheering us on.

Agreed, it all comes down to negotiations. It just seems like the ARL was more interested in getting the deal to match the AFL's TV rights deal in dollars than ensuring a fairer system for all teams. Gyngell must have squealed with delight when he was given that much control

I may have a more biased view as I am a Broncos fan living in Sydney and watching over half of our games as the delayed broadcast on a Friday means it doesn't start till 9:30pm at best and I have to not look at facebook in those intervening hours. If I lived in Brissy though I would love having the opportunity to be at Suncorp every other week on a Friday night and cheering us on.

That would suck. Then again, a lot of the time for the non-home games I Tivo/tape it, hang out with the missus or attend whatever social function that might be on that Friday night, come home later and ready for an ad and channel 9 filler free night.

The only time that really backfired was when we lost to the Sharks and I caught a cheeky glimpse at the score at about the 30 minute mark.

Standard Friday night favourites. Playing the following teams twice:

Rabbitohs
Cowboys
Titans
Roosters
Dragons
Knights
Sea Eagles
Storm
Bulldogs

isnt this the exact same 9 teams we played twice last year?

they took this long to do the draw and they cant even change it up?

EDIT just checked. the only difference is we play roosters twice this year, and warriors only once

Last edited:
We have a tough Origin draw, as usual.

I think we should expect some heartache.

I hope there is no post Origin slump this year, otherwise we will find ourselves out of the 8 pretty damn quickly. That's a tough run to the finals.

Last edited:
Times are in the list for all but the last six rounds, the Eels game starts at 8pm as the final game of the 10 hour marathon of Anzac day NRL.

Ah I couldn't see the times because I was using my mobile. Cheers.

Wow. What a tough draw. Definitely up against it but that could be a good thing. Probably better than getting a Mickey Mouse draw.

Cool draw. it means I will be going to 5 of our first 6 games this season!

Welp, I actually prefer it this way. If we win a premiership this year (if), I will rub this under the noses of anyone who tries to say we had an easy ride

Welp, I actually prefer it this way. If we win a premiership this year (if), I will rub this under the noses of anyone who tries to say we had an easy ride

yeah i dont mind who we play. if we are good enough, we will get there regardless.

Won't ever be anything close to a fair draw until the number of games equals the number of teams. Or there is a conference system and origin has stand alone weekends. Lol at eels complaining about three away games in a row one of which is technically home.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • davidp
  • Kev_Guz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bish
  • GCBRONCO
  • Skathen
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.