Brisbane Broncos on borrowed time ( Apprantly)

Broncos1995

Broncos1995

BRL Player
Mar 15, 2012
Hey guys, I Thought i'd post this up. It's funny how people write us off.

A lot has been made of the Brisbane Broncos’ stranglehold on Friday night football.

It’s been called a disgrace and an unfair advantage over the rest of the clubs in the NRL. But Friday night football might just be the downfall of the Broncos in 2012.

It’s not the Broncos fault. The Nine Network has made an obvious decision to play the Broncos on Friday nights live into Queensland because they are the premier club in the sunshine state.

But in a competition where everything else is so even and any kind of advantage is gratefully accepted, the Broncos are sitting pretty.

The routine the players are in is a farce. Week after week they know exactly when they are playing and how to best prepare for each game, not even mentioning how lovely a job it would be to work in the Broncos sales or marketing departments.

Nine of Brisbane’s opening 10 games have been on a Friday night; blockbuster matches each weekend against teams wanting to knock them off. Make no mistake, players still fire up for a Friday night clash.

The Broncos are flying on the table and have dominated Friday night footy while the Cronulla Sharks, still without a major sponsor, have been camped on a shuffle through Fox Sports. The Warriors, Canberra, Sydney Roosters and Gold Coast have all been shafted by the Nine Network too.

An average television audience on a Friday night is over 900,000 viewers. An average audience for a Fox Sports game is just over 200,000.

Unless you’re a Broncos supporter, there won’t be too many upset people if and when the Broncos nosedive.

Anthony Griffin’s chargers have been up to the task so far. They’ve accepted and won almost all challengers.

But what has been an impressive start to the year, may end in heartache for the Broncos. All these Friday night wars surely aren’t good for you in the long run.

Jharal Yow Yeh is gone for the season. Justin Hodges and Peter Wallace are continually battling injury.

Then there is State of Origin.

Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker, Matt Gillett, Petero Civoneciva, Ben Hannant and Josh Maguire are all expected to play parts in this year’s Origin series.

It’s a murky time of year for the mighty Broncos as they scratch their way through the Origin period and try to stay healthy for a run at the finals.

After the bye in Round 11, the Broncos travel to Melbourne for another Friday night clash against the Storm. Then they’ll finally run out for a day game against Newcastle. Remember that big old yellow thing in the sky? Perhaps they’ll need to wear sunglasses.

Source http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/05/15/brisbane-broncos-on-borrowed-time/

All I can say is Come at me bro!!!!! Broncos FTW

The Roar? Who the **** cares about those dickheads.

The Roar? Who the **** cares about those dickheads.

Hope you're not confusing it with the Brisbane Roar...it's a different thing altogether. It's a generic sports forum.
Although yes, still dickheads :P

But what has been an impressive start to the year, may end in heartache for the Broncos. All these Friday night wars surely aren’t good for you in the long run.

Jharal Yow Yeh is gone for the season. Justin Hodges and Peter Wallace are continually battling injury.

Then there is State of Origin.

Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker, Matt Gillett, Petero Civoneciva, Ben Hannant and Josh Maguire are all expected to play parts in this year’s Origin series.

I fail to see how this has any relevance to Friday night games? Are they trying to suggest that Yow Yeh, Hodges and Wallace wouldn't be injured, and that all those Broncos wouldnt' be playing origin if it weren't for Friday night games.

lmfao .. I expected that piece to have been written by 'Bulldog' Ritchie or one of those other sydney-centric clowns .. Seems logical that it came from The Roar - that's populated by a bunch of hacks who just wish someone would give them a shot at a real reporting gig ..

Hope you're not confusing it with the Brisbane Roar...it's a different thing altogether. It's a generic sports forum.
Although yes, still dickheads :P

Yes I was.

Now that I know. I still don't care. Lol.

wow, surely there is something more interesting to write about...

ha ha and it's just because it's on free to air. no-one seems to care when year after year the cowboys get saturday night after saturday night game.

Obviously our last 2 games we lost because we didn't have a 7 day turn around.........lol.

Wow spare me the drama.
All this drama and predicted downfall because we play on Friday nights?...

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
  • Scorchie
  • Wolfie
  • kiwi2
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • kman
  • Xzei
  • Allo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.